Anybody getting weather?

It's just hitting west Metro. Too early to tell what sort of accumulation we could see, but doesn't look like much right now. Should make for an interesting time the next few days.

We got 3" of snow. Should be good for tracking

Man, that was nasty -- ice and snow. Thanks for the update Golden. Was a tricky ride home from the Gopher game last night.

@Daisy
Did you make it out today? where did you go

Did not get out today (wish I had, but circumstances...) Plan to get out to Brown County for the WIA there on Wednesday. I doubt we'll have enough snow/cold to let me push the WPAs I have my eye on.

Public still seems to be holding decent bird numbers, though, so I think those are still worth the trip.

I went out west today. Nice day, no wind. Hunted all afternoon, 3 guys, 3 dogs, flushed about a dozen hens & 1 rooster which we got. We were in some nice areas and nobody else had been in there since the snow. Pretty tough going.

Aaaaargh!

Wife promised I could go today then remembered nobody could pick the oldest up from school. I would have had maybe an hour of walking before I had to head back.

Here's the question: She offered to let me stay home and hunt Phez on Thanksgiving while she and the boys went up north to the in-laws.

IS THIS A TRAP?

Old married guys, I need your input, STAT!

no trap

I'd say do it, when my wife makes those kinds of offers I try to take them. I don't always take her up on it but its nice to do it once in a while.

Daisybuck

Did you go???
I went out and hunted 2 WMA areas close to home before turkey dinner. I saw more deer than Phez. and I only saw one deer. :mad:
The dog is sleeping at my feet so it must have still been a good day

Sorry to hear the birds are slowing down. I got out, but for grouse instead. I hunted three hours for one bird. Ugly out there. I saw as many whitetails as birds as well.

This week, barring any unforeseen disasters, I will be heading out again. The weather looks good around Tuesday.

I didn't take the wife's bait to skip Thanksgiving for pheasant hunting. Whew. Nearly stuck my foot in that one...

Back