Any Waterfowlers from MN here?

Been know to hunt ducks and geese. My oldest Brittany prefers an early October day sitting over a small pothole, watching flocks of ducks and making retrieves.

She usually spots them before I do after 8:30AM or so ...

I also used to hunt ducks. Haven't hunted them in quite a few years. Seems like you have to go pretty far west to get away from the weekend warriors and find ducks. (I say that lovingly, as I am a weekend warrior when it comes to ducks). I used to look forward to hunting ducks on sunday mornings, but all the ponds/lakes with public access in the west metro get pounded.

I would love to go duck hunting again, but I have to save my "permission slips" for the pheasants and deer!

Well I am a die hard waterfowl nut. Webguy knows this. I have an obsession with blue bill and goldy hunts. Just very challenging. So with that I have convinced the powers to be to open this forum up. I will need ALOT of help in making this all work and will need people to strategically get others to know about the site. I want to build this forum to be just as informative and fun to be around as UPH. That is our goal to have a multitude of these forum base directories, but also a place or community where people enjoy being a part of .

http://www.ultimatewaterfowlhunting.com/forum/

So if you want to help out let me know and we can start rolling on the start up of the newest forum.

Lazer, why not combine the sites as one and make it ultimate wing shooting? I would be much more likely to participate in a one stop shop then having to go from forum to forum etc.

The behavior on waterfowl forums can get pretty interesting. Moderators stay busy on those sites. Many of those sites really seam to be waning in interest and participation.

Good Luck

Brittman is spot on!!! Waterfowlers can be some of the meanest and jealous people out there. I live to hunt ducks, but not a fan of the constant pissing match between a lot of people on the other waterfowl forums. Best way to control it is to ban anybody with an attitude.

Do you think if we got the same attitude in that forum as we do here, running a tight ship and have a few mods that are good at policing that it could be worth the opportunity? I more or less do you think if there was a place for waterfowlers like UPH to go and not get harassed or have intelligent conversations and comradeship that we could get people to migrate over to the UWH side?

I think it's a good idea. I don't see why it wouldn't be worth trying. The main problem with the other sites IMO is there is a lot of younger people on there who have not come to realize that hunting is about having fun with friends and building memories. They're all geared towards showing off and trying to one-up the next guy. The Refuge Forum used to be a great place but it is spiraling downhill now. A good forum to take pointers from is BowSite. They seem to have all their ducks in a row. They have a nice system where moderators can give a person a star if they do something wrong and after you have so many stars you're done. Seems to keep people in line pretty well

I've been a member of the "Fuge" for about 10 years. (not a mod)
The MN forum as you know is nothing but a bunch of nuts, well mostly, there are a couple guys that show up once in awhile that seem sane?:confused:
The MT part of it is civil, with some quality contributors. And the habitat part is decent. I stay with the MT and the habitat.

Oh yeah, it need rules and moderation.
You can make me a mod of your new site if you like. I know where the bull ends and the manure begins.
Something like that. :cheers:

Well I'm proud to say that I posted the first pics on the new forum. Hopefully they won't be the last

Back