Any Quail Forever or Pheasants Forever members out there?

Okiebirdhunter

Hey all, just wondering if any of you were QF or PF members. If you would like to get involved please contact me. If you would like to join please contact me also. We have a very active chapter in the OKC area and 2 brand new chapters in Beaver and Tulsa. Several more popping up in the next few weeks. I would love to hear from quail hunters willing to be informed and make a difference in this state!

John Bellah
Vice President
Central Oklahoma Quail Forever
Okiebirdhunter@yahoo.com

John,
Welcome to the forum and thanks for your work with Pheasants Forever and Quail Forever. Excellent organization.

Maynard Reece Bryd
Life Member, Pheasants Forever

Welcome John! Good to have you! Yeah, I'm a PF member. My QF bio and I are putting on a quail management seminar on my wildlife area the 28th! Should be a good time. Hope my voice holds out! Gonna tour my patch burn/patch grazing program. It's a bit off cycle due to the drought, but it should show folks a lot about succession and a new grazing method. While we were touring the site on the planning day we had a half dozen bobs serenading us! Again, glad to have you!

While we were touring the site on the planning day we had a half dozen bobs serenading us! Again, glad to have you!

Nice! Nothing like the sound of Bob calling or roosters cackling in the background to spice things up!

Good luck on the 28th PD.:)

Okiebirdhunter, welcome to the site and best of luck to you and those you're recruiting!:cheers:

Nick

Nice! Nothing like the sound of Bob calling or roosters cackling in the background to spice things up!

Good luck on the 28th PD.:)

Okiebirdhunter, welcome to the site and best of luck to you and those you're recruiting!:cheers:

Nick

Thanks Nick! I'm always a bit apprehensive on these as I like to give folks what they need to make changes at home or at least gain a deeper understanding of the birds we all cherish. With diverse groups it is hard to not let some folks fall through the cracks. With at least 3 of us covering varied approaches to the tour, everyone should get to gain something. Even if it's only one of our numerous ticks:) Illinois, isn't that just a hop, skip, jump, off ramp, rest stop, detour, across the river, switchback.......away?

Last edited:
Back