Ammo Prices

JMc

Super Moderator
Went down to the local Gander Mtn. yesterday and picked up a brick of Federal Wing Shock (5's) 2 3/4; 1550FPS...for $14.99 a box. I thought this was a pretty good price. Any thoughts?

I'm assuming those are the Federal Pheasant Forever loads? I bought a case at the local Walmart for $12.99 a box. That was their regular price in both 12 ga. and 20 ga. in 4, 5 or 6 shot. That's the best price I've sound them at. Most palces are $15.99 to 16.99.

By the way, I believe the velocity is 1,500 fps, not that 50 fps makes any difference. :)

By the way, I believe the velocity is 1,500 fps, not that 50 fps makes any difference. :)

50fps makes all the difference. That way when we both shoot at the same bird at the same time from 30 yards my shot will get there .0013 seconds quicker. Meaning I will have shot the bird and not you. :rolleyes:

I went to a local hardware store and picked up some duck and Pheasant ammo #2 Kent steel for $12.99 and some #4 steel loads for $10.99.
The way some of my friends were talking last year that prices were going to sky rocket guess they we're wrong.

Your friends weren't wrong. Some ammo prices have sky rocketed. For instance, I shoot a 9MM and buy 100 round winchester ammunition from Walmart. It's about 3 dollars higher this year than last year or the year before. Gander Mountain, about 1 month ago had Federal Premium 1500 fps, and Fiochi out on there endshelves, 19.99. I told the guy working there that was a joke, didn't buy them. Then went to Fleet Farm and found them for 15 dollars atleast. Half the time I try buying the 9mm ammo at Walmart, the shelves are absolutely empty as can be. That really irks me........

Last edited:
Went down to the local Gander Mtn. yesterday and picked up a brick of Federal Wing Shock (5's) 2 3/4; 1550FPS...for $14.99 a box. I thought this was a pretty good price. Any thoughts?

OOOOHHH !! thanks for the heads up. That's my favorite stuff. Any 1 3/8 oz loads available or only 1 1/4?

Dang it...I probably need that extra 50fps as slow as I'm getting. I hope my dog is faster that way you shoot and I still get the bird...:D

My local Wally World only carries Winchester so as far as Federal goes, it's the best price around Amarillo. I do believe they have the 1 3/8 but not on sale.

Back