Also new from Kansas

2dogsandagun

Greetings all !
I finally joined this forum after reading it all bird season this year. I live in the Tonganoxie, KS area (20 NW of K.C.); moved here 2 years ago from Manhattan, KS. Been bird hunting for about 10 years and have 2 GSP's that love to hunt. I've lived in KS on and off for 20+ years. Moved back in 98' and retired from the military in 03' (from Fort Riley).
I mostly deer (archery) and turkey hunted (25yrs) until moving here in 98 and started pheasant hunting. Got hooked, bought 2 pups, trained them and the rest is history. I love to watch the dogs work. They are spoiled, live in the house with a doggy door and 3 fenced acres, but are real team players when hunting.
I pretty much hunt public lands in the NC area. I've had no luck with walk-ins after many tanks of gas looking and don't really know anyone for private access.
I have a fortunate work schedule, 7 -12 hour shifts followed by 7 days off. This allows for many trips to the western half, (big area to scout though).
This is a great forum and I will share as much info as I can (reports and all). Would'nt mind hooking up with others as long as you don't shoot my dogs. Happy hunting!

welcome

I'm hunting SW KS tomorrow. I sent you a private message. I've tried for 2 months to find a companion for this trip, but have had no luck.

I'm hunting SW KS tomorrow. I sent you a private message. I've tried for 2 months to find a companion for this trip, but have had no luck.

LETS GO..:)

I wish you well. Oh, how I love to hunt the snow and it is killing me that I am tied up in Greensburg working and can't take advantage of the hunting opportunities. Still pretty good snow cover here around Dodge(we had 10.5" officially). The roads get really sloppy as the sun comes up. I am seeing good bird numbers in my travels.

Good luck,
Maynard Reece
Dodge City

I am at Fort Riley now. I love it for its hunting oppurtunities. Give me a call anytime and we can go out. I am in Lansing, KS now wish I would have checked earlier we could have gone out this weekend.

Back