Al Gadoury's 6X Outfitters

Wolfchief

I have never hunted gamebirds in Montana but have seen this business's ads in the past. The bird hunts are based out of Lewistown and the outfitter advertises Sharptails, Hungarian Partridge and pheasants; it seems they also offer trout fishing. Are there enough birds in the Lewistown area at present to justify a drive from Northern Indiana to Montana? Has anyone hunted with this outfitter recently? If so a reference or review of its services would be appreciated; thanks....would you return? Did you feel the value was adequate for the price?

tbob131

Why don't you just stop way short of there and do it yourself. I started going out there in 2009. There are plenty of birds in Montana without having to pay to find them. Where I go is just across the North Dakota border. Block management program is fantastic.

I know al well we do amateur dog training in a group setting. I will do the best to answer your questions. He hunts sharptail, huns, and sage grouse with his setters. A retriever walks a heel during early season. Pheasant hunts are with his retrievers. His client list returns most every year. He was booked solid thru thanksgiving. He has guided birds for 25 years? Very knowledgeable. Hunters stay in a really nice B and B and gourmet dinners are all inclusive I believe.
He’s a trained fishery biologist and guides spring and summer spring creek fisherman as well
Those are the facts , that said he a wonderful calm and helpful teacher . It might be a once in a lifetime wold bird adventure for some people!

Nugent

Why don't you just stop way short of there and do it yourself. I started going out there in 2009. There are plenty of birds in Montana without having to pay to find them. Where I go is just across the North Dakota border. Block management program is fantastic.
Good call

Wolfchief

Thanks Dustin, the idea of Huns, sharptails and sage grouse appeals to me because where those birds are, you know they're wild; I never heard of "put and take" sharptails. I have a 15 month old yellow Lab that I've used on ducks and pheasants and would like to take him along. I agree the price is nontrivial but I don't do the outfitter thing at this level all the time. One can burn a lot of time driving around checking out all the walk in areas, many of which have probably been pounded recently by someone else. I'm 68 and don't have all that much time left given health constraints. I appreciate your information.