Advice for First Hunt in SD

allremington

I am the "point man" for a group of friends who hope to hunt SD next fall. I would appreciate any advice from those who know the ropes. We would like to hunt private ground for a reasonable fee or some productive public land.
We have two dogs to bring along, so we won't be entirely helpless!! Thanks in advance...

SD help

I would recommend Winter South Dakota, granted I know that it is the response from everyone. Winter has vast oppertunities and not to mention the most birds I ever seen in my whole life, and I grew up in SD, Winter has the option of a guide services, that vary in prices, there is also public land that if it hasn't been beat up it should be productive. Then there is good old fashion "road hunting". The ditches are legal to hunt in SD, just dont shoot from the truck, anywhere in the state is good but if you are looking for a good cheap guide there is one 3 miles south of Elk Point SD in Union County and they have a large quanity of good birds there. The last time I drove by the rate was 100 dollars a gun, its a little steep but they get alot more expensive. Enjoy the hunt hope this is some help...

SoDak

Back