A Quail Hunting Story

OKIEGunner

Thought I would share a pretty funny story that happend yesterday while Quail Hunting.

Bucks are still in full rut. I was running the bird dogs, with one of my co-workers. Stacy saw what he thought was a feral hog, I said no that's a buck with his head down. The buck suddenly turned, and charged toward the dogs running on the ground. He came within 15 yards of the truck could care less about the truck. I first thought the Buck was going to try and hook or gore one of the dogs, but he just continued to chase the dog near the truck. But what he really wanted too do was to Mount one of my bird dogs.

Moral of the story, don't hunt with a white colored dogs during the rut in Oklahoma! I guess when you only get a chance once a year to do your thing, your not to pickey at what it looks like.

Dam Funniest thing I have ever witnessed!!!!

LOL good thing you where not wearing white. Raped by a deer. I don't need that on my resume.:D

Next we will see a video of someone using a white dog as a Buck lure :eek:

Did your get into any quail?

Next we will see a video of someone using a white dog as a Buck lure :eek:

Did your get into any quail?

Got into a Covey within 200 yards of this episode with the not so friendly Buck:thumbsup:

Thought I would share a pretty funny story that happend yesterday while Quail Hunting.

Moral of the story, don't hunt with a white colored dogs during the rut in Oklahoma! I guess when you only get a chance once a year to do your thing, your not to pickey at what it looks like.

Dam Funniest thing I have ever witnessed!!!!

I have friends like that. They don't care what it looks like as long as they get to do their thing! LOL

Back