70 degree warm up from my home to SD!

benelli-banger

Saw 52 on my truck yesterday…7 miles, one bird. Just began today, a bit breezy, but low 40’s…2 in the vest..waiting for my buddy to circle around…nice to be back!

70 degrees is too warm for me to be bird hunting. Not to mention that its currently January which is supposed to be the coldest month of the entire year...

Our bird chasing is Iowa is finished for the season, but in Sioux City they had a high of 58* yesterday (a nice day in October), we are following that up will a projected high of 54* today. It will be changing, Friday they are calling for snow, I am right on the line of 3-5 & 5-8 inches . This winter has been a continuous roller coaster. The further we get on the calendar until the snow cover comes, the better the bird survival rate will be.

Any pics to share BB?

Been so dry here the cattails have not had water all season, to speak of
Every patch of cattails I encountered in Central MN was completely dry this past season. I normally do not walk in them until they are froze solid, but this season I could do it right away.

In 23 years of pheasant hunting there, I have never seen it that dry.

We are going to need a monsoon of moisture this spring to make a dent. Even record snowfall from here until the end of March would not solve the problem.

Yeah it is crazy 11th of January and scrapping mud of my boots.
Big news is Alberta Clipper is supposed to drop some snow.

Back