3 Day Trip...

esetter

We hunted North Central. First two days the wind was brutal. We still managed to find 12 coveys those days. One rooster shot and lost.One rooster doubled on by me and my friend.Te other guys said it sounded like one shot. His pup had it pointed so he got the bird with no argument from me. Total of 7 pheasants seen. The last day we hit a piece of private ground. 9pheasants flushed , 7 were roosters. All flew about 70 yards away.Got into one 5 bird covey. None were hit on the rise and we elected not to chase singles. Went back to some walk in that had a little grass on it. I killed a rooster. We got into a nice 15-20 bird covey. Killed three on the rise and two more singles. Total of two roosters and 18 quail. Not a single pheasant seen from the road. Lowest numbers I have ever seen out there. Quail were definitely up. Had a blast!

I don't know how they will be back with the sparse cover. I love going out there to hunt. I suppose if the reports said there were no birds left I would still go and look at all of the rock houses and fence posts.

Back