28 ga. built on 28 ga. frame?

Browning_145

Does anyone out there know of some 28 gauge double barrel guns that are built on a true 28 ga. frame? I know that CZ does, but I'm not a big fan of CZ? Thanks

ps the Ruger Red Label comes in 28, but I would guess its on the 20 frame. When you get down o this small a guage, the difference would not be as proportional as a 16 on a twenty tho the 28 could weigh a couple more ozs than the 20.
________
Mustang Mach 1

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. I am not a Red Label fan. I have seen too many of them come into the gunsmith shop, and they are very tricky to work on. In my opinion Ruger made it's O/U too complicated, with too many working parts in the receiver.

ps the Ruger Red Label comes in 28, but I would guess its on the 20 frame. When you get down o this small a guage, the difference would not be as proportional as a 16 on a twenty tho the 28 could weigh a couple more ozs than the 20.

I got a RemSPR 28ga ou for Christmas. It's made by Bakail(sp).....dont scoff till you shoulder it. It feels better than my Orion 12ga and is a really natural pointer. Went 4 for 4 on a late season hunt at my place....

I have a 28 gauge Tristar Brittany made by Hermanos Zabala and imported. I have only had it a few months and it seems to be a fine gun so far. I believe it is on a 28 gauge frame.---Bob

If you can find an old Wichester 101, I believe the 28ga frame was smaller.

The Ruger Red Label 28ga is on it's own 28ga frame.

Very few gun compamys build a small frame just for the sub gauge guns.

I know by mistake like 30 years ago Charles daily shipped a few 28ga (Miroku made I believe) O/U's made on a special run of 28ga framed guns. Most were demanded back and shipped back to the company to never be seen again.

I had a 28ga SXS Charles Daily just like this 20ga. I think the 28ga was possably on a smaller frame. It was a little sweet heart.should have kept it

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=125734909

28 Gauge

Parker makes only 28 gauges, so I would guess that it is a "pure" 28. The only drawback is that they start at $49,000!! Of course, that's about half the price of a Holland & Holland, so what the heck, it must be a good deal.

Back