&

This post was a question for A5 about this video

At about the 13 minute mark he points into the ditch and whistles at Ace. Shortly thereafter Ace flushes up a rooster for him. My question was, how did he know to point in the ditch there? Had he seen the rooster run off the road and into the cover? My initial post got a little long winded and went off on a few tangents so I decided to delete it, but that doesn't seem to be an option? So I just edited it down to a punctuation period.

At about the 13 minute mark he points into the ditch and whistles at Ace. Shortly thereafter Ace flushes up a rooster for him. My question was, how did he know to point in the ditch there? Had he seen the rooster run off the road and into the cover? My initial post got a little long winded and went off on a few tangents so I decided to delete it, but that doesn't seem to be an option? So I just edited it down to a punctuation period.
Although that guess seems reasonable, I didn't see him. I can smell 'em, Bob!!:D No. Neither of those things. Ace had finished hunting the north side, come out onto the road, & was prancing up the edge of the road. At 13:00, I whistled a little to stop him. At 13:01, he stopped & turned to look at me. So I pointed to the ditch so he'd know that we were turning around, back toward the truck, to hunt the south side. Then he started running around in the picked corn, so at 13:11 I yelled at him to get him back into the ditch. I pointed at the ditch at that point too, although the camera didn't pick it up. There just happened to be a rooster there to flush at 13:23. I now suspect there was scent around that Ace was trying to figure out, which was why he was acting just a little erratic. I'm quite certain that if I'd just let him hunt, with no direction whatsoever, he'd have still found that buried rooster. But it really makes me look like a pheasant whisperer, right!?!? :ROFLMAO:

I was just having fun. Didn't expect everyone to join in lol! Fun thread though!

Back