2019/2020 will be a season to remember

kick them up

Its been a minute since I posted or chimed in on the forum. It's been a real busy year for my bird hunting career. So as some of you know I work for CZ USA which does come with some perks when I am not traveling, selling and instructing. This summer into fall I have had some epic events. First, I did a short film on squirrel hunting for Project Upland about this time last year. If you have ever hunted squirrel with a dog it will change you!!!!

So in 2019 I lost my two oldest dogs Ryan my lab and Ellie my momma brittany to Rufus Bear. Rufus cant hunt now due to a thyroid issue causing him to balloon to 100lbs. So I am down to one dog which I normally run 3-4 dogs.

So fall finally came and I opened the season for 29th year with the same group. Then Josie my lab and I got to be part of the filming of Gun Dog TV for the Sportsman Channel. We hunted rooster for 3 days with Randy Lack and his pointers and cocker spaniel being filmed the whole time. Shortly after that I got to hunt again with Kevin Murphy (worlds greatest smallgame hunter) and his squirrel dogs on my NE KS farm. Then headed west to take him rooster hunting.

Now to the best part of the story. Well my wife said Josie needs a friend on the phone while I was on my way home from a show in Canada. So I knew of a litter dropping and someone back out. We now have a new Choc Lab pup named Lizzie View attachment 9707coming home on the 2nd of February and then next summer Josie will be breed with Jackpot Jake (hunt master pointing lab). Pretty exciting times! View attachment 9704View attachment 9705View attachment 9706

Already cant wait for next fall!

Safe Travels and safe hunting!

Kickthemup -- I'm guessing you live near KC? I live near Topeka so not far away -

Does CZ ever have any shooting events where potential customers can try out a gun? I love side by sides - have an SKB 385 that I love but of course they haven't been made in years -

Always wanted to shoot a Bobwhite, Ringneck (when they were made) and now the sharptail.

I think CZ has been the manufacturer with the largest selection and configurations of SXS's that I'm aware of for the past few years (at least in price ranges I would pay) something south of $3k.

Kickthemup -- I'm guessing you live near KC? I live near Topeka so not far away -

Does CZ ever have any shooting events where potential customers can try out a gun? I love side by sides - have an SKB 385 that I love but of course they haven't been made in years -

Always wanted to shoot a Bobwhite, Ringneck (when they were made) and now the sharptail.

I think CZ has been the manufacturer with the largest selection and configurations of SXS's that I'm aware of for the past few years (at least in price ranges I would pay) something south of $3k.

Yes, we have local events in and near KC from time to time. We just did one in October at Powder Creek in Lenexa and had our demo trailer on site. Please PM me and maybe I can meet with you as I have a farm north of Topeka.

Yes, we have local events in and near KC from time to time. We just did one in October at Powder Creek in Lenexa and had our demo trailer on site. Please PM me and maybe I can meet with you as I have a farm north of Topeka.

Hi there - tried to send a PM - but said inbox was full?

Back