2018 Favorite Pictures of Your Guns, Birds and Game

gjw

Hi all, thought I'd start this thread for the 2018 season. Let's see some of your favorite pictures from this season. I know a lot of you will have some great pictures!

So.....with that.....

Yesterday was our Grouse/Hun opener, it just plain sucked. High winds (25-30), hot (80's) dry and dusty. Saw birds, but no shots, they were just too wild.

Anyway, today was different, still warm and humid, but winds about 8-10. I was able to limit and my son Jim got one also. Didn't see a lot of birds, but they are still in there old haunts as in past years.

Anyway, here's my 3. I was using my 16b John Wilkes

Jim with his, he was using his 12ga Victor Sarasqueta 3EC and one hot and tired Raina!

Going out again tomorrow.

Best,

Greg

Hi all, well here's the game for this weekend. One Sharpie. So far it's been a poor season (at least for us!). Have not seen many, even in my old Honey Holes. Well, as they say, that's why they call it hunting!

I used my 16b Charles Hellis this weekend

Best,

Greg

Hey All, went out today, saw two and got the one that was in range.

I was using my 16ga FN

Can't seem to rotate the pic, sorry!

Best,

Greg

Well, here's my favorite so far this season. It will be hard to top but I think the first bird I'm able to shoot over JP this season will do it. Lady and I were able to harvest this beautiful, big, male sage grouse last weekend in Oregon.

View attachment 8484

Nice pics, MSG.

Well, here's my favorite so far this season. It will be hard to top but I think the first bird I'm able to shoot over JP this season will do it. Lady and I were able to harvest this beautiful, big, male sage grouse last weekend in Oregon.

Really nice photo.

Quail Hound? How has J P recovered and how is he dealing with the loss of his left front steering wheel?

Having a hunting ESS myself, I'd imagine he doesn't appear to give a thought, whereas I would be depressed or resentful of the loss. Dogs do living better than humans, I think.

Tell us a hunting story, please. :)

Last edited:
Quail Hound? How has J P recovered and how is he dealing with the loss of his left front steering wheel?

Having a hunting ESS myself, I'd imagine he doesn't appear to give a thought, whereas I would be depressed or resentful of the loss. Dogs do living better than humans, I think.

Tell us a hunting story, please. :)

I think JP's face in that pic speaks for itself. He's adapted to his new situation amazingly. He still enjoys chasing the ball, swimming, and hunting like he did before just in shorter spurts and with less rules and more table scraps.:D

He gets around well but it does take more effort now so he has only hunted short 20-30 min runs at first light when it's still cool out. JP hasn't got a bird yet this year, I know he will, but if I could project some human emotions on him I believe he realizes his situation and is happy just to be along for the ride.

Unfortunately he is not cancer free and I'm not pursuing anymore treatment. Not sure how long he'll be around but every day with him is a blessing and any walk behind him with a gun in hand is just icing on the cake.

Hey all, well went out today solo, just me and Raina. Managed to get one, but did see more than in past hunts (good sign!). Problem was, they were spooky today, just wouldn't hold point for long. Raina did well, so not her fault. Got pretty windy, so we cut the day short. Just happy to get one.

I used my 12b Coggie Konor today

And......Raina!

Best,

Greg

Hey all, well here's my Thanksgiving bird. My son Jim and I went out for our annual Thanksgiving day hunt. Saw birds (not many) but we only managed to get one. Was a great day, topped off by a wonderful dinner.

I used my 16ga Garbi 100 today

Best,

Greg

Think this is the best game and gun pic from my SD trip this year.

2qupwr5.jpg

Hey all, well, I went out today solo, wonderful day weather wise, sunny, 45 and mild winds. But, few birds, I did manage one and alas flat out missed one, oh well!

Anyway, I used my 12b H&H Royal (can't rotate the pic, sorry for that!)

Will see what tomorrow brings.

Best,

Greg

This 28 lb French Britt lost a year with two surgeries. He is 2 1/2 now and running well. He has matured into a decent bird dog.
He is pointing Phez & Grouse this year.
j0iuqd.jpg

Hey all, this weekend is the end of our Deer Gun Season, so we tried to fill my daughters tag. Unfortunately, she wasn't able to. My son Jim and I did some bird hunting as well. We saw birds, but without a dog it was tough. I did manage one. Weather wasn't the best, cold and windy. But being with the kids was a success for me.

My son Jim and daughter Teresa

Myself and Teresa

The days game and a 12b F.A. Anderson

Best,

Greg

This 28 lb French Britt lost a year with two surgeries. He is 2 1/2 now and running well. He has matured into a decent bird dog.
He is pointing Phez & Grouse this year.
j0iuqd.jpg

Nice....Gotta love it when that light bulb finally comes on and starts to shine brighter a brighter.

Back