2016 Predictions

I'm no expert but I do believe the rains were timely for quail. Had lots of quail at the end of last season.

Wish the wheat harvest would have been a week or 2 later. And all the heavy rain wasn't good. Now the heat is horrible for young chicks and it isn't letting up any time soon. Time will tell.

I predict that I will break in, or down, at least 1 pair of boots. I predict that more than one youngster will get their first point on wild birds! I predict I will miss some of those! I predict, based on the last prediction, that I will have more empty hulls than birds in the freezer! Finally, I predict that I won't care in the least about that imbalance!

I will predict we will stand around a truck after walking each field, laughing and busting each other's chops a bit.

I think there will be a lot of satisfied hunters in Sw Kansas. The Grasslands look absolutely wonderful. Meade, Kansas to Kingman then North to Greta Bend and Back to Meade will be a hot triangle this year. Reports from friends in those areas and plenty of (Come hunt with us on the opener Invites) have me all giddy about this upcoming year. The past several years it has been come out if you want but there will be a lot of time walking and now this year the farmers cant keep quiet about how many birds they are seeing.

Based on what I have heard from friends I'm going to have to make the trip back after a 3 year layoff.
Late November sounds better and better!
Bob

Back