2013 MT Muley (pics)

mnmthunting

Banned
Here's the critter I ended up with.
Boned out and packed out on my back, like always.
All down hill 2 1/2 miles, 2 trips. Was time for some cold ones.:cheers:

very nice wayne!!! happy the hunt payed off sounds like some hard deer hunting out there hope the herds bounce back soon & recover for the future...

snow up in them hills a??? did that turn them bucks on & start the rut off???

Another pic.
A youngster. 2-3 more years on him would have been nice.
This is prime Muley country I hunt, 5-6 years ago I would see 80-100 deer on a hard days hunt. Now it is 6-8.
The Winter of 10-11 was devastating for deer and antelope.
Bones, lots of bones.

very nice wayne!!! happy the hunt payed off sounds like some hard deer hunting out there hope the herds bounce back soon & recover for the future...

snow up in them hills a??? did that turn them bucks on & start the rut off???

It's nice having a little snow in Muley country. You do need to be more careful about where You want to go and avoid the steep stuff.
Rut for these Mulies is about Nov 15-25.
Bucks are easier to hunt then, now they are off on their own or in groups. Except nowdays there are to few to make a group.
MT has been going more and more to antlers only hunting and will have to extend it to more areas. It's going to take a long time to get the deer and antelope herds back.

This is about the first time I don't plan on a late trip to MT.
If I would not have scored on the Muley I would be planning the week before Thanksgiving bird and deer hunt.
I will miss the late hunt, I have the whole place to myself and the pups.
Those roosters are mature and wild. :cheers:

nice. congrats. I had a great pheasant trip to Montana in 2006 I'd like to make it back there

Back