2011 McHenry County IL Winter/wildlife Update

1pheas4

I got out today to check on some habitat areas. Everything looks okay. Birds are doing well. Got nervous for a while. There wasn't any sign of pheasants. Finally found them in some shrubs scratching the bare ground where deer removed the snow.

Lots of ducks, doves, few rabbits. Deer are looking very good. Deer droppings look normal. No cattail heads in their droppings like last year. Pheasants were running and flying strong.

Here's a couple poor photos from today. I got some nice pheasnat photos today too but he's out too far and my program won't save the "zoomed" edit for me:confused: I'll keep trying and post them when I figure it out:)
--1pheas4
mallards
mallardducks.jpg

Wild pheasant
Ringneckpheasant.jpg

Pheasant feathers/predation
Pheasantfeatherspreditor.jpg

Whitetails
whitetaildeer.jpg

Last edited:
nice! Private land or public land?

Both UplandHntr. I really saw a lot of wildlife out there today.:thumbsup: All looking good. Like I said in my other post the habitat is doing okay.:)

As you know we've got some snow out there. This week should melt most of it. I don't want to speak too soon but I think the birds we've carried over thusfar aren't going to have any problems making it to the spring breeding season:) --1pheas4

Back