2007 Trade Shows

Pheasants4ever

Administrator
As many of you know and already have marked on you calendars, the 2007 outdoor trade show season is starting in January. Pheasant Fest is in Des Moines in January, but aside from that, what other shows do you plan or regularly attend?

The UPH staff may be attending a few around the US this year and it would be a blast to meet up with some of you. Let us know!

GFP Landowner workshops coming in 2007

I think the SD GFP have some great prgrams and will partner with PF and USDA on joint efforts. Here's the info.....

GFP, Conservation Partners To Host Statewide Landowner Habitat Workshops

PIERRE, S.D. â?? Recognizing the strong desire of landowners across the state to establish and improve wildlife habitat, the Wildlife Division of the S.D. Game, Fish and Parks Department will again be hosting landowner habitat workshops with cooperating partners at 15 locations across South Dakota this winter.

â??South Dakota landowners have a traditional land ethic that incorporates the value of wildlife and habitat into their land management decisions,â?� said GFP Habitat Biologist Chad Switzer of Huron. â??With a diverse group of habitat programs available from numerous conservation partners, these workshops are designed to be informative meetings on the â??nuts and boltsâ?? of available programs and to provide technical advice to specific landowner questions.â?�

Landowners are reminded that many of these habitat programs are available to working lands, including cost share for managed grazing systems, riparian area management and water development. â??By providing technical and financial assistance to landowners with livestock operations, both landowners and wildlife benefit through improved rangeland conditions, while keeping wetlands and other unique micro-habitats in grassland landscapes,â?� said Switzer.

Landowners interested in attending a workshop can attend at no charge any of the locations found below. To learn more about this opportunity coming to your area or to view a workshop agenda, visit the GFP Private Lands Habitat Programs link found at http://www.sdgfp.info/Wildlife/privatelands/Index.htm.

Scheduled meetings, their location, date and local time include:

Bison, Prairie Lounge, Feb 15, 5 p.m.
Bowdle, American Legion, Feb. 13, 7 p.m.
De Smet, De Smet Super Deluxe Inn, Jan. 31, 7 p.m.
Highmore, Hyde County Auditorium, Feb. 1, 7 p.m.
Hot Springs, Mueller Center Conference Room, Jan. 31, 5 p.m.
Martin, Martin Community Room, Jan. 23, 5 p.m.
Mitchell, Davison County Fairgrounds Building, Jan. 17, 7 p.m.
Philip, Courthouse First Floor, Jan. 16, 5 p.m.
Pierre, Pierre Area Chamber of Commerce Building, Feb. 13, 7 p.m.
Platte, Community Building, Feb. 22, 7 p.m.
Rapid City, Best Western Ramkota, March 12, 6 p.m.
Vale, Community Center, Jan. 17, 6 p.m.
Webster, VFW Building, Feb. 5, 7 p.m.
Wessington Springs, Jerauld County Courthouse, Jan. 24, 7 p.m.
Winner, Holiday Inn Express, Feb. 7, 7 p.m.

Are you looking to get out of SD? I know that there are several shows in our area (Madison, WI) as well as Chicago.

Here is a list of show's we are going to/considering:
  • Kansas City Sportshow-Kansas City, MO * 01/09/07-01/14/07
  • MN Sportsmen's Boat Camping & Vacation Show-St. Paul, MN * 01/10/07-01/14/07
  • Chicagoland Outdoors Show-Chicago, IL * 01/10/07-01/14/07
  • Pheasant Fest-Des Moines, IA * 01/19/07-01/21/07
  • Denver ISE-Denver, CO * 01/25/07-01/28/07
  • Des Moines Sportshow-Des Moines, IA * 02/14/07-02/18/07
  • Kansas Sports, Boat & Travel Show-Wichita, KS * 02/15/07-02/18/07
  • St. Cloud Sportsmen's Show-St. Cloud, MN * 02/16/07-02/18/07
  • Red River Valley Sportsmen's Boat Camping & Vacation Show-Fargo, ND * 03/01/07-03/04/07
  • Colorado RV, Sports, Boat & Travel Show-Denver, CO * 03/01/07-03/04/07
  • Eastern Sports & Outdoor Show-Harrisburg, PA * 03/03/07-03/11/07
  • Sioux Empire Sportsmen's Boat Camping & Vacation Show-Sioux Falls, SD * 03/08/07-03/11/07
  • Salt Lake City ISE-Salt Lake City, UT * 03/15/07-03/18/07
  • Mpls. Northwest Sportshow-Mpls., MN * 03/27/07-04/01/07
Some overlap, but we are going to do our best to get to where we can!

Pheasant fest has been great so far and I got a chance to catch up with the LandMan again. It's been a couple years since I talked with him, he said he is defecting pc.com to come over to the uph website.

Anyone else make it to pheasant fest in Des Moines?

Unfortunately, it is midnight on a Saturday night in Des Moines at Pheasant Fest 2007, and I am sitting in my hotel room with Chris from Uguide, after being out sharing some beverages with Chris, Brandon & Jeremy from B&H Outdoors, and the boys from Top Dog Power Stix. Where is Webguy? Oh yeah, he was falling asleep at the Rock Bottom Brewery in Des Moines, so we had to leave early and he is SOUND ASLEEP! Partier-I think not!!!!

:cheers:

In my defense, I had to wake up at 3:30am from Minneapolis to make it down there. It wasn't the beer!

Hello

Pheasant Fest was awesome. So much to see and hear that it was impossible to see it all. Good job - Pheasants Forever.

The highlights for me were:

1. The Farm Forum on Saturday - what a powerful Forum about the upcoming Farm Bill and the future of Conservation. I counted six TV cameras in the room. It's apparent that Pheasants Forever has become a big player in shaping Farm Bill policy.
2. The seminars were outstanding with great speakers and presentations.
3. The show room floor. I didn't even get to everything before the show was over. There was so much to see.
4. The reception Friday evening for Life Members, Board Members and Patron Members was outstanding.
5. Meeting Uguide, Pheasants4ever and seeing webguy again.

I am looking forward to next year's Pheasant Fest.

LM

Back