12 gauge 2 3/4” bismuth 1 1/8 oz 1350 fps @ $1 per round…

Shipping really kills that deal.
For the amount I bot it added about $4/box…still under $30/box…(box of 25 shells, that is). I haven’t bot much nontoxic in a few years, but I’ve been using hevi metal 3” #3 shot…think I paid $30/box for that, but it’s been 5 years, give or take. I suspect I’d happily drive 20 miles one way to buy this bismuth, maybe more, but at 40 miles round trip, I’d spend $9 in gas and not give it a 2nd thought. And then I wonder what else I’d drag home?? I found out about the ammo deal on Upland Journal, quite a few happy ammo buyers there who shoot a lot more nontoxic than me, who were thrilled with that deal, but I think lots of them were buying in the 250 round range…I took 100 rounds. I bought a box of 10, 3” 12 gauge bismuth #4 shot about 3 years ago at Mel’s in Spicer…$40…yup, $4 per shell…not sure if I got a bird with that ammo 😵‍💫 Place an order and split with a few buddies…$5 shipping per guy…

Last edited:
Raining here…looked at midway USA…same shipping charge. Found a Kent bismuth for $38/box there that was 1 1/4 oz shot…decent deal, but unavailable…lots of other bismuth much costlier than that Kent load. Found my hevi metal round but only in #2 shot…$45/box plus shipping/tax. Lethal ammo! Duplex load of hevi shot + steel, wouldn’t use it in vintage gun. Plus, I use the 3” version, another deal breaker in older or lighter doubles. 3 months til MT prairie birds opener! 🥳

This was the only stuff I saw, and it is only 10 rounds per box. In fact all the rio loads on that page are 10 round boxes.
Right…I bought 10 boxes, the equivalent of 4 normal boxes…shipping was the same for 1 box or 10…not sure at what point it goes up…doubt I’d want that many! I do shoot 25-75 rounds annually on public…had some great public hunting last year, probably shot 3 boxes (75) total…

Right…I bought 10 boxes, the equivalent of 4 normal boxes…shipping was the same for 1 box or 10…not sure at what point it goes up…doubt I’d want that many! I do shoot 25-75 rounds annually on public…had some great public hunting last year, probably shot 3 boxes (75) total…
Do you know bx/cs, b/b?

They still had this deal available as of last night. I haven't shot much non-tox, but I would like to hunt a few places this Fall that require it. I've got 100 rounds coming. Thanks for the heads up.

Back