H
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I haven't hunted Gregory county but have east of there in Charles Mix. Check out the WPAs in between Armour and Platte. Road hunting is good in that area too. Gregory has some big Walk Ins that would probably be good for grouse.
    webguy
    webguy
    No problem Hillbilly. If it's your first trip to South Dakota, yeah, you will definitely want to hit places off the beaten path. Western SD is really a gem in my opinion and you really get into the sharpies or prairie chicken. I know on tribal land, you need a tribal guide. It's unbelievable hunting (I have been told).
    webguy
    webguy
    I've only hunted private land up in Bison, SD, Lemmon, SD and Timber Lake, SD... lots of pheasant, sharpies and occasional prairie chicken. Eastern SD is really getting farmed heavily these days and the lack of CRP is really killing pheasant populations. You may want to ask about reservation/tribal land and hiring a guide on this forum or see what you can find online.
    webguy
    webguy
    It sounds like that could be your best bet, but I can't say I've ever done it. I could help, but my time these days is so limited with my work. I happened to see your post, I just wanted to let you know that Gregory public land gets trammpled on pretty heavy as resident opener and youth opener is before non-residents get in the state - I was a SD resident for 5 years.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back