E
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• BTW - I heard a bunch of crowing at Salt Slough in September while dove hunting, so I suspect we might find birds there this year too.
    Sorry - I just looked at my messages just now. I am Kansas on business and have been ignoring my California stuff!

I will be around for the California opener. Do you think it will be easy to get on China Island d on the Saturday opener?
    Hi Enzinn,

Are you going to make it this way for the opener? Only a week and a half to the opener. I talked to the guy who manages the China Island unit. He told me the numbers are the best they have seen in years. Not surprising as spring weather conditions were ideal for hatching. I know the president of the Newman duck club whose property borders China Island and he told me he has also seen a lot of pheasants this year on their property.
    Hi Enzinn.

The opener is only one week away. Can you make the trip up for the opener? I spoke to the manager of Grasslands unit which includes China Island and he told me the pheasant numbers are the best they've seen in years. Not surprising as spring conditions were ideal last year. One of my morning coffee buddies is the president of the Newman Duck club whose property borders China Island. He also told me they've seen a lot of pheasants on their property this year, coming from China Island. I am going to try and scout it out if I have time before the season starts
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back