Our final hunt of the year

Roy B

My son and I and Allie were able to get out one more time last Saturday and what a day it was! We were able to get our 1st ever 2 man limit of bobwhite quail on a near perfect overcast day.Allie had one of her best days of the season and she is an incredible lab who makes it so much more fun.I'm already thinking about next year!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230121_203959_Snapchat.jpg
    Screenshot_20230121_203959_Snapchat.jpg
    343.2 KB · Views: 42
  • 20230121_162942.jpg
    20230121_162942.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 44
Looks like an awesome father/son hunt! Those 11-87s still get the job done! Mine is loosing the bluing on the sharp edges and the wood is getting a few dings, but it put down a pile of roosters this season! I would like to get a pair of bobwhites to mount some day, but there just aren't enough around here to shoot...saw a covey twice this year (the covey was more than I have seen in the past 2 decades combined) that was exciting without shooting them.

I dont know what it is about the older remington shotguns but they fit me perfectly. I would love to get a 20 gauge just for quail hunting but they are very hard to find and very pricey. We made some very good memories on that day and any time I get with my son hunting is cherished time.
After hunting quail it makes me wonder how we ever miss a rooster! Nothing quite like a Covey of quail exploding all around you to make you miss!

Back