Good days in Kansas

Long time viewer, just registered today to share some positivity for Kansas. On my 10th day in the field this season with my new 8 month old shorthair. Had my 3 kids and dad out with me for the past 2 1/2 days. Had good weather and light wind and we bagged 13 roosters and 9 quail. Great time. Didn't see a ton of birds but there are plenty to be happy. Gonna hunt the next 3 days with the old man and the pup. The pup is doing good. Hard nosed and don't quit. Good luck to all out there.

That's the first good report I've heard about Kansas this season with the ongoing drought. We're you in middle Kansas?
Tom

Had a good day. Walked from sun up to almost dark. Pup pointed a rooster, a covey and several single quail. Got to watch my dad shoot some birds. I never dropped a bird. My dad and brother in law got 5 roosters and 3 quail. Had a great day. Should of had 7 or 8.

Well our trip ended a day and a half early. Woke up this morning to high winds and our spots to hunt were in the wind tunnel. Worked our way home and stopped to see an old friend. Hunted a draw protected by a shelter belt. No birds. Dad alerted my bother n law and I to the location of the birds via gun shots. We walked a weed patch and saw 10 or so roosters. Dad and brother n law each shot a rooster. Had to laugh while the old man did his best running back and forth to block for us. Ended with 2. Great time. Ended our trip with 20 roosters and a dozen or so quail. Made it home by 1. Good luck to all.

Well our trip ended a day and a half early. Woke up this morning to high winds and our spots to hunt were in the wind tunnel. Worked our way home and stopped to see an old friend. Hunted a draw protected by a shelter belt. No birds. Dad alerted my bother n law and I to the location of the birds via gun shots. We walked a weed patch and saw 10 or so roosters. Dad and brother n law each shot a rooster. Had to laugh while the old man did his best running back and forth to block for us. Ended with 2. Great time. Ended our trip with 20 roosters and a dozen or so quail. Made it home by 1. Good luck
Did you see any prairie chickens?
Sure did. I've seen prairie chickens 4 or 5 times this year.

Back