Cold weather pheasant/shooting gloves

scottheitkamp

I’m looking for good pheasant hunting gloves that are made for cold weather. I bought expensive orvis gloves last year and they were not warm at all. Would love to find quality gloves that stay warm for later season hunts. Thanks!

Cross country ski gloves, Smartwool or Hotfingers. Make sure they fit in trigger guard. Slip in hand warmer on back of hand. Works for me in WI.

I wear cold weather golf gloves. I believe they are Foot-Joys, around $20 for a pair. I prefer thin shooting gloves, alternating hands in pockets with hand warmers, until it gets really cold.

Here is a hack that works well when bird hunting in cold weather.

Purchase the disposal toe warmers. Get the kind withe adhesive surface for attaching to the bottom of your socks.

Instead of wearing them in your boots, attach them to the inside of your wrists where the blood vessels are near the surface.

Your fingers will stay warm in thin gloves and your whole body will be warmer too.

I'm loyal to mechanix gloves and wear the "originals" up until about 20 deg. They have "Original Insulated" ones that are about the same thickness but are very warm. Mechanix makes a lot of different winter gloves, varying thickness ("ColdWork" ones are thicker), these are basically their original glove with thinsulate.

Last edited:
I wear cold weather golf gloves. I believe they are Foot-Joys, around $20 for a pair. I prefer thin shooting gloves, alternating hands in pockets with hand warmers, until it gets really cold.
My dad does the same, was showing me his yesterday and telling me to get a pair.

I wear the thin $5 pair of fleece gloves when it drops below about 35 degrees, until it gets really cold (like single digits or below), and then I rock Cabela's Wind Stoppers that have a specialized trigger finger. They also have a leather palm for grip. They are not waterproof, but I don't hunt in the rain anyways.

Attachments

• hunting gloves.jpg
    hunting gloves.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 4
I buy the black goat skin thinsulate gloves from menards when it it gets too cold I throw a pair of hand warmers in these gloves are great for handling a gun give them a try

Back