New strap vest

Strap vest is lighter and allows easier movement. It's made for shells and birds. I never carry keys, cell phone, etc. I like light weight and freedom of movement.

Strap vest is lighter and allows easier movement. It's made for shells and birds. I never carry keys, cell phone, etc. I like light weight and freedom of movement.
I gave a WingWorks vest that has deep side pouches, large game pouch and large water bottles and it us built like a tank. Built for long treks in the uplands. Don’t use it much as I have gotten away from those long death marches as I have gotten older
If someone is interested send a PM and maybe work out something

I gave a WingWorks vest that has deep side pouches, large game pouch and large water bottles and it us built like a tank. Built for long treks in the uplands. Don’t use it much as I have gotten away from those long death marches as I have gotten older
If someone is interested send a PM and maybe work out something
Pm sent!

Switch mine out to the Chief Upland vest last fall with no regrets. really like the shell holders and that I can move them exactly where I want them.

Attachments

• vest 2.jpg
    vest 2.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 21
looks like it would be hot on a warm day

i've picked up a few of those myself. good decor

Browning Bird-n-Lite strap vest for me. My wife sewed a velcro patch on the front of the left strap to hold my E-collar transmitter. Works great.

I have had a wings works vest for the last 10 years and love it, it's bulletproof! But this year at pheasant fest I pulled the trigger on a new Final Rise Summit vest and have to say I am very impressed with the quality and weight of it. Hopefully it holds up as well as my wings works!

Low profile/basic and very comfortable. I am 6'0 215 and prefer the "Super" size

Last edited:
I just got a Legacy vest from Final Rise. My first strap vest but I’m optimistic about the freedom of movement it allows.

No. You have to buy those separately if you want them. What it comes with is two pouches already installed. For the price, they could send a couple of common accessories, like the water bottle holder or a pocket with shell loops.
Seems well made though and pretty light.

Edit: I don’t see shell loops listed. I don’t usually carry more than half a dozen shells on me anyway but still...

Last edited:
I don't hunt in warm temps. 100% of my hunting is after firearms deer season is over in early November here and beyond, so it is rare that I get anything above 50 degrees to hunt in. If the strap vest is primarily because a traditional one is too warm, I have no reason to use one.

My vest also has orange patches on the shoulders and I don't always wear an orange hat, so in order to be legal I have to wear it.
I used a vest for many years. Then I got a browning/PFE strap vest, never go back to the traditional vest. Now I just layer in colder days.

Low profile/basic and very comfortable. I am 6'0 215 and prefer the "Super" size
This is the one I ended up going with in a plain brown color. I like that it doesn't have a bunch of extra bells and whistles to get in the way and confuse things. I also really like the mesh on the back, should help me not sweat so much. Called the Filson store, they had it in stock for $99 bucks, it fit perfect, done deal. Also could be a nice minimalist vest for dog training, dove hunting, etc.

This is the one I ended up going with in a plain brown color. I like that it doesn't have a bunch of extra bells and whistles to get in the way and confuse things. I also really like the mesh on the back, should help me not sweat so much. Called the Filson store, they had it in stock for $99 bucks, it fit perfect, done deal. Also could be a nice minimalist vest for dog training, dove hunting, etc.
Great choice! I too like the basic aspect... Water bottles and shells.

Back