Feelin' Lucky!

Dakotazeb

I just found out that my nephew in Wyoming, who is a MD, just retired, sold his place for a bundle and has purchased some land in eastern Montana where he plans to raise some cattle and horses. He's always had livestock as a side hobby. He says he has been seeing quite a few Sharpies and Huns on the land, also a few pheasants. So I guess I know where I'll be heading this fall. Looks like the 500 mile trip may be well worth the price of gas. Feelin' lucky today!

Wow that sounds great! I haven't hunted Montana, but I hunt western ND, and if it's anything like that you're gonna have a blast.

Snake country? I hunt MT, none where I’m at. Lots of BMA ground to hunt in MT, no shortage of huntable land..it’s usually an issue of temps shutting things down late am…great fun!

I just found out that my nephew in Wyoming, who is a MD, just retired, sold his place for a bundle and has purchased some land in eastern Montana where he plans to raise some cattle and horses. He's always had livestock as a side hobby. He says he has been seeing quite a few Sharpies and Huns on the land, also a few pheasants. So I guess I know where I'll be heading this fall. Looks like the 500 mile trip may be well worth the price of gas. Feelin' lucky today!
That sounds like fun! Hope you're able to get out there. I know who I'd look up if I was hunting in Montana, especially if I was having trouble getting permission to hunt. Rhymes with juice.

That sounds like fun! Hope you're able to get out there. I know who I'd look up if I was hunting in Montana, especially if I was having trouble getting permission to hunt. Rhymes with juice.
I've hunted eastern Montana before and with my nephew's land, public land and block management land I think I'll be good. :)

Good deal! I have an invite to hunt east/central Montana this December. Goose hunt in the morning and pheasant hunt in the afternoon. The group hunts along the Yellowstone River, so I'm not sure how this runoff will affect things.

You would have to fix a rusted out ‘73 Power Wagon and a six-pack of warm PBR if your hunting with him.
Don't worry Tom. It would be a cold day in "you know where" before I'd share a field with him. I have very few years left to hunt so having this opportunity, even thou it's 500 miles away, pop up I will be keeping it very private. Just my nephew and myself, and maybe one or two old hunting buddies.

Don't worry Tom. It would be a cold day in "you know where" before I'd share a field with him. I have very few years left to hunt so having this opportunity, even thou it's 500 miles away, pop up I will be keeping it very private. Just my nephew and myself, and maybe one or two old hunting buddies.
Wow the chance to hunt roodies out there sounds awesome. But hate on a entertaining guy youv'e prolly never even met but think you're being all proper by not typing hell? Wierd.

Wow the chance to hunt roodies out there sounds awesome. But hate on a entertaining guy youv'e prolly never even met but think you're being all proper by not typing hell? Wierd.
There are a lot of members on this site that share my opinion of this guy. You haven't been a member very long so probably haven't seen that many of his posts and understand where we are coming from. If you find his posts entertaining, good for you. We are all entitled to our own opinion. Have a nice day.

I think he's still around. Just has his privacy settings set somewhat restrictive. Maybe I'm wrong. 🤷‍♂️
You may be right. But what does that tell you about someone when they have to limit access to their info? :rolleyes:

I wondered what happened to him. He was/is pretty opinionated/ entertaining!! I haven't been here that long, but it didn't take long to have a difference in opinion! How about it Goose, you still here?? If not I wondered what made him leave?

I wondered what happened to him. He was/is pretty opinionated/ entertaining!! I haven't been here that long, but it didn't take long to have a difference in opinion! How about it Goose, you still here?? If not I wondered what made him leave?
Great to have those private contacts. Former client up north let’s me hunt and gets me on the neighbors places also
A local farmer let’s me control the hunting on his farms for pheasant/waterfowl. If anyone wants to hunt they have to go thru me to control the traffic

I think we will reserve that ultimate goose master hunt for you..
Seems from your other post that….you may fit right in!! Enjoy!

That sounds really good Zeb! I'm guessing the Goose is still on the loose but might be flyin under a different feather type........lol.

Back