Beretta A400 20 gauge extreme

Wolfchief

Has anyone purchased the 20 gauge camo version of this gun? If so, how do you like it? I'm thinking of getting one with the "kick off" feature to lessen the recoil. Would appreciate feedback from any owners of the 20, or 12 gauge for that matter.

No need for kick off feature with either 12 or 20, I had the 12 A400 Excel was one of the softest shooting 12 gauges around. Hated the safety location never could get use it and that's the only reason I traded it in.

I have the a400 lite 20 with the KO, I don't get to shoot it much by my friend's wife has been shooting a trap league with it and she has no complaints. They've been trying to buy it off me for her but I'm not ready to let it go. She was shooting a Browning BPS 20 and only hitting 5 targets per round, within 3 rounds she was in the high teens and low 20s with the A400 Lite so needless to say it works for her.

Thanks CDG--if you don't mind, can you tell me how much your A400 20 gauge weighs? The specs say 7.1 lbs. but weights do vary. Is yours a 26" or 28" barrel? Would appreciate this information

Thanks CDG--if you don't mind, can you tell me how much your A400 20 gauge weighs? The specs say 7.1 lbs. but weights do vary. Is yours a 26" or 28" barrel? Would appreciate this information
My Friend's Wife still has it but if I remeber correctly is weighed in at about 6.5 lbs or just a touch lighter, it is a 28in barrel. The upland or extreme versions may weigh a bit more as the lite is a Plain Jane black synthetic model.

Has anyone purchased the 20 gauge camo version of this gun? If so, how do you like it? I'm thinking of getting one with the "kick off" feature to lessen the recoil. Would appreciate feedback from any owners of the 20, or 12 gauge for that matter.
I have a 20 ga A400 Upland with the K/O. Love it. No naming, no miss fires and fits me just right. Have used it phesant hunting for two years now and skeet shooting. That said I really could not tell any difference in the recoil vs my 20 ga 1100.

Thanks Oldman; the advertised recoil reduction is one of the main reasons the gun interested me
I am sure it helps to reduce recoil some in a 20 but there isn’t much to begin with. The recoil reduction will probably be more noticeable in 12 ga than a 20 ga.

I'm getting arthritis in my right shoulder, seems to get worse every day. Need to find a real soft shooter with power enough for roosters.

I'm getting arthritis in my right shoulder, seems to get worse every day. Need to find a real soft shooter with power enough for roosters.
I guess what is tolerable won’t be determined until you can shoot one. I think that either 20 ga Beretta A400 or a Remington 1100 would do the job. I also shoot a 20 O/U Beretta and it defiantly has more recoil than the either of the semi autos. I have no arthritis in my shoulders so my response is a best guess for you. One is for sure the A400 will hold it’s value. Good hunting and let us know what you get.

Back