What is the best pair of boots you ever owned for hunting pheasants?

I've got 2 pairs of Danner Pronghorns....owned them since the early 2000's...one with 400 grams of insulation for late season, and an uninsulated pair for early season. They have been used hard but have held up over the years. They get treated with silicon spray regularly. I also have a pair of Irish Setter insulated Wingshooters that I like because of their comfortability.

Going thru gear at seasons close and getting rid of some old boots. Realized that my favorite pair of ultra lite Meindl hunting boots Are getting worn. Contacted their office and they are upgrading this particular model next fall and are closing out the 400 and 800 insulated boots . The Un-insulated model is sold out. Google meindlusa if you have interest. I know I have some life left , this pair is 5-6 years old. We always need a back up for rotation . They are the best I’ve used

Dustin mudd, thanks for the tip! I got on the Meindl site and ordered a pair of ultra lights on Friday and received the yesterday

Attachments

• FCDFB752-13FF-4996-A23C-6F9066154D7D.jpeg
    FCDFB752-13FF-4996-A23C-6F9066154D7D.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 28
I pretty much wear everthing keen, from steel toes for work to cold weather hunting to upland fields. They are extremely lightweight and waterproof. I use Keen Detroits non steel toe for all my bird hunting. My son wore Keen Summits this past trip to SD. Early season hunting i wear a variety of Keen hiking boots. They all come with a 1 year warranty and if anything goes wrong they will provide you with a voucher for the value of the boot you purchased. In my opinion they are great boots.

2nd on Keen. I use Havocs some of the time but my go to boot are Keen Targhee IIs. Light and durable. I was at Cabelas last night and see they make that boot in a water proof model. That will be my next purchase. I’m gonna elk hunt this fall and they will get a workout.

Heel counters, 200 grams insulation, and shark skin toe caps...I wouldn't even consider them w/o the toe-caps (adds $105), that would be what would wear through first I am thinking. Moccasin design flat bottom...is there room for insoles to give a little arch support? How do they lok today?
I have not needed insulation. I added the boar toe caps. I think they custom mold the boot to your arch, but don't recall exactly.

They can add insoles and custom orthotics I believe.

I think they look classy and better than any store bought boots I have had or seen, but perhaps I am prejudiced. They are classic, use great materials and I like the moc toe design.

I didn't pull the trigger on the Russels. I looked at my boots, found a couple boxes in my garage that weren't even in the line-up yet, so I think those boots will not get checked-off the bucket list, but you never know. They would still be on my wish-list, but low priority at this moment.

I have to give thumb's up to Kennetrek. If they don't fit your feet, they are a no go. If they fit, they rock!
Very stiff break in, but I have had 7 back surgeries with Spinal Cord Stimulator and pain pump implant.
I love to wear them. I can wear em all day, even being a broken old man. Have to break them in though.

Attachments

• Sasha 2017.jpg
    Sasha 2017.jpg
    503.6 KB · Views: 1
What you need, is a boot you can wade through a knee deep crick with, then walk 5 miles, and do it again the next day.

I agree with R_man. Kennetreks are nice, but only if they fit your foot. Takes awhile to break in. I have to have
boots are are nice to my feet. 7 back surgeries with spinal cord stimulators and now pain (morphine) pump.
Amazing ankle support, but I know some people do not like them. Like I said if, they fit your foot.

Attachments

• IMG_1341.JPG
    IMG_1341.JPG
    4.4 MB · Views: 0
What is the best pair of boots for sale for pheasant hunting in South Dakota ? Lightweight and waterproof with a little insulation.
I have about 300 miles in my Crispi Nevada’s and plenty of life left. Lightweight, non insulated, waterproof. I wore them guiding and all my personal hunting. Great boots!

Danner Ft. Lewis. Mine are tan nubuck leather, like for desert duty, and Gortex lined. Not sure if they're made anymore other than in duty black.
I still have mine when issued in 1992. Great boots.

I just got a pair of Danner Alsea yesterday. I will alternate this year with my 5 y/o Danner Pronghorns. Trying to cut down the foot fatigue. I wore them around for a few hours yesterday and so far there arent any pinch points which is good. Pretty light weight as well. Both types are un-insulated.

I have 3 pair of the Lowa renegades, 2 mid and 1 pair of the 8" and like the higher ones best. Now about 3 weeks ago I bought a pair of Oboz bridger mid height and wow they are awesome. I've worn them with gators and they are now the most comfortable boots I own. For sure recommend them.

The best boots are the ones you can afford that fit and are comfortable for you. Yes there are cheap boots that feel good but don't last long and there are high dollar boots that aren't the proper fit for everyone. Seen someone posted once that they would rather have good fitting boots and a cheap single shot than a high dollar shotgun and cheap boots causing sore feet. Sounds right to me.

Back