Grouse And Hun Opener

Hey all, went out after work today for about an hour, not much time to hunt, but I was able to get 1. Saw a few more, but for some reason, they were a bit skittish. Happy with the one!

I used t 16b John Wilkes today.

WtANMPg.jpg

Best,

Greg

We had a good day today- we hit our 1st and only field at about 8:30 am. Killed our limits of sharpies and were back in town eating lunch by 11am. The dogs put up prolly 30 birds in an hour. We spent the afternoon driving around ( 89 degrees this afternoon)looking for areas to hunt huns on our last morning hunt tommorrow. The huns have been a little fustrating on this trip.

Hey all, went out solo today to the area where we went on opener.....saw 5 grouse! Not at all like the opener! I did manage to get a double on some Huns, but....lost one in the flowers (hate doing that). Addie die very well considering. Boy, grouse sure are a funny bird...never know where or when they will be one place or the next. Still, great to get out!

Addie, the hun and my 16ga FN

SEraJD4.jpg

Best,

Greg

Hey all, had just a short time to hunt today, my partner (daughter Patty) had to be home early.

Saw grouse, but for some odd reason they sure were spooky, Raina would get wind of them, and up they went out of range. Odd behavior, as the area we hunted hasn't been hunted so far this season. Oh well, that's hunting!

Raina did manage to pin some huns down and I managed one out of that covey.

Patty and Raina. Patty was using a 20ga Yildiz

DdIpcC3.jpg

I used my 16b Charles Hellis today

zDdPYFM.jpg

We'll see what tomorrow brings!

Best,

Greg

Nice! Congrats. I had a “real world” morning…my iPhone showed Montana time, I couldn’t find my spot and we were already late. And I was in a vicious texting fight with my wife. Missed several grouse, got 2 and a long shot on a hun. Dogs have issues. Saw 2 bull moose and a lot of grouse. So-so morning. Spilled over a bit with my partner. This stuff ain’t rosy all the time. Good dog work is the best part of the day. Thx for listening, I’m not good at much of this life….

I’m finally home- ND was amazing as always! I look forward to being on the prairie in September. We didn’t hunt the last morning - it was raining pretty good! We had two coveys of huns located ( 2 separate properties)the afternoon before. It didn’t matter- my brother and I were grateful and very satisfied. Here s a few pictures:F56411A1-84BC-421D-A052-1CBFCDF572DA.jpegF256D835-B8B2-4F5F-B790-0C9F9BD8398A.jpeg4CAFAEE6-48A9-4DAD-8204-B894E34E734D.jpeg

Nice! Congrats. I had a “real world” morning…my iPhone showed Montana time, I couldn’t find my spot and we were already late. And I was in a vicious texting fight with my wife. Missed several grouse, got 2 and a long shot on a hun. Dogs have issues. Saw 2 bull moose and a lot of grouse. So-so morning. Spilled over a bit with my partner. This stuff ain’t rosy all the time. Good dog work is the best part of the day. Thx for listening, I’m not good at much of this life….
BB, But you were out hunting, the rest of us are just reading about hunting.

Went out after Church today (we had early Mass) just hunted one area. Saw lot's of birds....but, they sure were spooky again! They kept getting up just out of range. Did shoot one more (feathers flew and both legs dropped), but he sailed over a ridge. Looked and looked, just couldn't find him! The other two were singles that were in range. Addie did well but started to get over heated (temp is at 82), so I figured I'd quit for the day. I shot three so I was happy and didn't want to be a game hog anyway.

I used my 16ga Ugartechea 1030

kzMbqvC.jpg

Addie, one hot and tired pup!

HXck77Q.jpg

Best,

Greg

I’m finally home- ND was amazing as always! I look forward to being on the prairie in September. We didn’t hunt the last morning - it was raining pretty good! We had two coveys of huns located ( 2 separate properties)the afternoon before. It didn’t matter- my brother and I were grateful and very satisfied. Here s a few pictures:View attachment 1896View attachment 1897View attachment 1898
Awesome photos looks like an amazing trip

Back