Final Rise Upland Vest

Brimar1991

Does anyone have comments or opinions on the Final Rise Upland vest? Looking for someone who has actually used this vest in the field.
Final Rise seems to be a new company in this market. I have been looking at the Wing Works but they are temporarily closed until they build up their inventory. I tried searching the forum but could not find post on Final Rise vest. If this in not accurate, I apologize. Thank you.

I bought one last year and loved it. I used it for dove, quail, pheasant, turkey and crow hunting last year. It is very well designed and keeps the weight on your hips. On longer pheasant hikes, I would carry 3 of the big water bottles and it still didn't weigh down the shoulder straps. I looked at WingWorks, but they were never open for business and the vest is also quite a bit heavier. I don't think you will regret getting one. If you google "final rise vest forum" you will find quite a bit of information on them.

I bought a Final Rise and a Pyke vest last year. I bought both knowing I would give One of them to my son. I’ve used and still use a Filson that I’ve had for over 20 years for quail and dove, but was always looking for something for grouse and chukar. If you’re going on long treks or in the mountains and you need to carry water, I would get a Final Rise. They both are comfortable and place the weight on your hips. I liked both vests, but the game bag is much easier to access in the FR. If your not going on long or tough dry walks, I’d get a Filson. they will out last you, your dog, truck, boots, etc.. When your time comes you can leave someone a fine old double and a Filson vest.

To me they look like a copy of the Browning strap vest. Which I love mine. Just not sure that vest is worth 300 bucks. Have you used strap vests before? If not, I'd suggest trying a cheaper one possibly before spending big bucks. I love mine but my dad hates how it feels so he sticks to the old school style.

To me they look like a copy of the Browning strap vest. Which I love mine. Just not sure that vest is worth 300 bucks. Have you used strap vests before? If not, I'd suggest trying a cheaper one possibly before spending big bucks. I love mine but my dad hates how it feels so he sticks to the old school style.
Good morning Munster927....Thank you for your suggestions. Yes, I have a low quality strap vest along with a Gamehide hunting vest. I have been using them for 20 plus years. Both vests do what I need it to do…carry shells, water, first aid kit, etc. However, as I get older, the strain on my shoulders and lower back carrying extra water, first aid kit, and when I am lucky, a few pheasants have started to make the walk in the field unpleasant. With that said, I was looking into a strap vest with the hip belt to relieve some of the weight from my shoulders and hopefully, my lower back as well. Trying to have the weight rest on my hips like a hiking backpack in lieu of the shoulders/neck. As a solo hunter, I take 2-to-3-hour walks at a time and wander to the remote locations of hunting areas to find a bird. So, anything I could do to make the walk a little more comfortable, I am happy to invest.

Regarding comments based on experience with these vests, I appreciate them and thank you for your time.

Never heard of this vest. Looks like a WingWorks knock off to me. And at $300+ they are quite proud of it too. But looks like a nice vest.
I have seen the WingWorks in person and talked to a few people who swear by them for comfort and long walks in the fields. As for Final Rise, it appears the company is still new and developing a hunter fan base. I agree it is a knock off of WingWorks. Thank you for your time and comments.

I bought a Final Rise and a Pyke vest last year. I bought both knowing I would give One of them to my son. I’ve used and still use a Filson that I’ve had for over 20 years for quail and dove, but was always looking for something for grouse and chukar. If you’re going on long treks or in the mountains and you need to carry water, I would get a Final Rise. They both are comfortable and place the weight on your hips. I liked both vests, but the game bag is much easier to access in the FR. If your not going on long or tough dry walks, I’d get a Filson. they will out last you, your dog, truck, boots, etc.. When your time comes you can leave someone a fine old double and a Filson vest.
Thanks AggieHB for your comments and suggestions. I appreciate your input. I will keep them in mind during my decision making process. Have a great day.

There's no perfect vest that fits everyone's needs. Just like there's no perfect boat.
If you're following two bird dogs in Western Oklahoma. And have to carry three water bottles, one for you and two for the dogs. I'm sure this vest would be very handy.

Regarding your hip strap, the Browning Bird and Lite strap vest I mentioned does have the hip strap as well. I can load mine down with quite a bit of gear and it's heavy as hell by itself but when it's on my shoulders it feels comfortable. Just throwing out another option for you is all.

I had the browning vest before I bought the Final Rise and it worked for a couple years, but as I started seriously pheasant hunting the design was lacking in a couple areas. On the browning vest I absolutely hated that the water bottle holders were attached to the game pouch. If you didn’t have them snapped to the side they just flopped around and if you did have them snapped you couldn’t get a bird into the bag. I had issues with shells falling out of the pockets periodically when I would bend over. It worked, but hunting in the final rise vest made the hunt that much more enjoyable. I have zero regrets spending the money on the Final Rise vest.

I've run several different vests over the years - Filson strap, Badlands, Q5 rimfire. There are things I like and dislike about each one, but I always felt there were more things I disliked than liked about each. Not enough storage (filson), too small game bag (badlands), overbuilt (Q5). But the biggest problem for me is that I've had surgery on both my shoulders, so it's difficult for me to reach around and put a bird in the vest without having to take it off or have a buddy put it in (all 3 vests). I broke down and bought a Final Rise last year and have been really happy with it. Weight is well distributed on hips, plenty of room for gear, and best of all I can put birds in the back myself without taking it off. It is definitely built with the chukar and long hunt days in mind, but they are now offering a trimmed down version "the legacy" that I think would be great for shorter pheasant hunts when you don't need as much gear or water.

I use a Boyt blaze orange and have been very satisfied with it. As is said above, each to his own...as for me , if I spend $300 on a hunting article, it's either going to go "woof, woof" or "blam"....

Before last year, I had not done much bird hunting in the last 10-15 years. Most of my gear was 20-25 years old. I wanted to update my vest, as I had never hunted over my own dogs before, and knew I wanted to carry cable cutters and some first aid supplies, along with a couple water bottles. I primarily shoot over/unders and knew I wanted deep shell pockets. During the pandemic, it was nearly impossible to find a vest that I could look at in person, and it was very hard to find anything in stock online. The first time I stumbled across the Final Rise website, I thought I had found the vest I had been looking for for months...then I saw the price tag, and I about died! I spent another few months researching, and finally decided I better pull the trigger to make sure I had a vest in time for this season. After many hours of research, I ordered a Final Rise. I've had it for a couple of weeks now, and I really think I'm going to love the vest. One of my two Springers got a nasty bite from another dog a couple weeks ago, and had to be stapled up and wear the cone of shame. The cone and staples came off today. I'm really looking forward to getting the dogs and the vest out in the field this week.

I managed to wear out my wingsworks vest. It has more aftermarket stitching than original. Loved that vest but it’s impossible to get a new one. Saw the Hunt redi at pheasant 2 years ago. It’s a better version of a wings works. Right in-line with final rise for look and market. If your in the market check them out also.

Back