Is that so?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KSnative

Anybody watch President Bident's read out on gun crime problem yesterday PM?

He noted that the 2A "shall not be infringed" was always limited, E.g. from day one, citizens/patriots were not allowed to purchase cannons or, I suppose by extension, to retain captured artillery for possible repurposing.

Is this true?

Muskets were the main firearm people had. Gunpowder had to be kept safe usually by the trained militias.

Muskets were the main firearm people had. Gunpowder had to be kept safe usually by the trained militias.
That's not the question that was asked.

But since you made the effort - are you suggesting that our original patriots weren't allowed to keep any powder in their homes, and had to visit central storage to score some powder before heading out to face the red coats? I must have missed that segment on CNN.

Good to hear from you though. Are you seeing any of the Gamma variant of COVID in your facility? Delta? Stay well.

Don't believe any left wing bullshit from the idiot who cowered in his basement all summer (ie, Biden). By the way--frontiersmen MADE a lot of their own gunpowder; saltpeter was a main, but not the only, ingredient. NO ONE--especially not YOUR OWN GOVERNMENT--has the right to prevent or obstruct your LEGAL ownership and use of firearms.

Is that similar to how we banned alcohol? That was an amendment. Then we amended that amendment (that's kind of the point of the word amendment) to allow alcohol sales again. An amendment can be changed. Don't let your own government tell you it can't be.

Anyway, I'll let you gents get back to the 2A circle jerk. I have pheasant hunting to think about.

If you think it's a circle jerk, then try throwing spitballs at your roosters in a few years; that's what you may have to do, no matter what the left says.

Feel free to peruse

Yes, I've seen this before. Where is the relevance? I guess what you and your author of choice are suggesting is that state and local governments should be arming their citizens with better weapons than we can independently purchase. Yes?

Whether most farmers could afford a musket in the 1700s is not the point. The point is that it became their RIGHT to do so under 2A.

And since you seem to be a bit of a history buff - you will know that it was Pennsylvania rifles in the skilled hands of frontiersman that the British feared most. Privately acquired and owned Pennsylvania rifles. Snuffed their officers out, we did.

If you think it's a circle jerk, then try throwing spitballs at your roosters in a few years; that's what you may have to do, no matter what the left says.
Circle jerk - that's what you call it when others don't share your views, and you can't get away with calling them racists again. Weak.

No point getting into a pissing contest with a troll; I really don't give a shit what you think on this issue anyway; it's not going to change any minds. I'm done.

For instance, Alexander Hamilton's essay in Federalist 29 emphasized the deterrent effect of a citizen militia against the U.S. Army:

1. ". . . if circumstances should at any time oblige the government to form an army of any magnitude that army can never be formidable to the liberties of the people while there is a large body of citizens, little, if at all, inferior to them in discipline and the use of arms, who stand ready to defend their own rights and those of their fellow-citizens."35
Referring to the impracticality of training militiamen all the way to professional soldier standards, Hamilton wrote "[l]ittle more can reasonably be aimed at, with respect to the people at large, than to have them properly armed and equipped."
https://www.buckeyefirearms.org/iii-what-arms-meant-circa-1787

Hamilton points out the people should be little if at all inferior in the use of arms in comparison with our standing army.

At the time “arms” meant the common, standard arms carried by and upon the person of infantrymen.

However, the antis go with Goebbels “If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it.”

Which explains both Braindead Biden and his trollish supporters that spread the newspeak 2A lie in a never ending…….circle jerk.

There's been a lot of bait lately, had some takers today.

You sure are adept at sniffing out bait. Some may even call you a master bait.

Every right comes with limits, like it or not. And seeing how recklessly so many of my fellow Americans handle weapons, I'm happy that all military munitions aren't available to the masses.

Every right comes with limits, like it or not. And seeing how recklessly so many of my fellow Americans handle weapons, I'm happy that all military munitions aren't available to the masses.

"The masses"? Or, what some might call " the citizenry"?

I take it that you consider it safer to mishandle a Colt SAA than a Glock 17. Would you prefer that the peasants mishandle side by side 12 gauges?

Every freedom comes with responsibilities. Can we agree on that much?

Gentlemen

I must say I think this thread is counter-productive to civil discussions on pheasant hunting and the attendant tools, vehicles, and paraphernalia of the sport. It might be best taken to a web site that caters to such topics.

tyvm

Pheasant hunting and guns are both freedoms that are and will be threatened more in the future. Just ignore it, don't talk about it or it will never happen attitude will just speed up the process. This issue isn't important to the sport I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back