Tell me this isn't smokin' hot

I like that she supports the outdoors in SD but she really is an idiot when it comes to the pandemic. South Dakota has the highest cases and deaths per capita of any state in the country and her refusal to instill public health safety measures is on the border of being criminally responsible. Then people get sick there and they run out of health care space and ask to send people to the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota.

Really? I

• U.S. COVID-19 death rate by state | Statista

Ms Noem did keep the meat packing plants open to help feed the nation when it was tough in some locales to find a package of hamburger, and that did fuel high rates in those plants. For that, I'd prefer to thank her, rather than labeling her an idiot. Bet she can read a stats chart, though - even an idiot could do that, right?

Mayo clinics are GREAT (and not just the one in Minnesota). I wasn't aware that they did pro bono work - perhaps we should just send all buses out of Brownsville directly there, vice revectoring old (and perhaps some new) COVID variants throughout our great country?

She supports the outdoors is the biggest joke I've heard. She supports the money behind it. The guides, the outfitters and the lodges for the financially well off. If you're a DIY and or public land hunter she gives thinks zero of you. Her 2 million spent on predator bounty program has produced zero results. Which every biologist ever said that would happen. The way she runs the GF&P reminds me of the queen of hearts in Alice in Wonderland. If you step out of line, off with their heads. Most working under her fear to say anything because they'll get fired. She follows zero input from anything science based.

Ms Noem did keep the meat packing plants open to help feed the nation when it was tough in some locales to find a package of hamburger, and that did fuel high rates in those plants. For that, I'd prefer to thank her, rather than labeling her an idiot. Bet she can read a stats chart, though - even an idiot could do that, right?
What about Sturgis? Packing hundreds of thousands of people from across the country into one small area? Are you grateful she kept that event on as planned too without any restrictions?

Gimruis...the numbers of oos’ers crossing into this dangerous wasteland of death and disease to hunt indicates not many fear COVID will overtake them here.

What about Sturgis? Packing hundreds of thousands of people from across the country into one small area? Are you grateful she kept that event on as planned too without any restrictions?
I take it that you are tacitly acknowledging that the "idiot" Noem can read a stats chart better than you can.

Here is info from Mayo, if facts that don't support your agenda are of any interest: U.S. Coronavirus Map: Tracking the Trends - Mayo Clinic

You guys better seriously reconsider trashing your gov. Take a look at gov Jelly Belly here in IL. He would only support hunting if the game was put on a plate in front of him.
it could be worse..... much worse

You’re suggesting I’m smoking hot? Why thank you!!!!🥳🤩
Well, I guess we can't rule it out. Hitherto, I'd overlooked the second part of your intriguing moniker (which is not gender specific, now that I think about it).

Please send photo and brief "history", including recent blood test results. (Checking for COVID, of course). Unless you are actually Ms Kristi Noem, in which case - test results be damned, I'm packing a bag now.

Oy. That is all.
I'd like to retract what I said, that was irresponsible of me. Said in jest, of course, but not so sure Ms Noem or her hubby would appreciate it - so I do sincerely regret it. I think she's one of the best Governors in office as of this date and she deserves all respect.

I'm not here to pick sides of the aisle. I will call out any governor that I believe is making poor decisions. Turning it into a political argument goes nowhere and is probably not even acceptable on a forum anymore. So I'll just leave it at that. No hard feelings KSnative. Carry on

I'm not here to pick sides of the aisle. I will call out any governor that I believe is making poor decisions. Turning it into a political argument goes nowhere and is probably not even acceptable on a forum anymore. So I'll just leave it at that. No hard feelings KSnative. Carry on
Same here, and thanks - although I wouldn't have time, or take yours, to call out all bad decisions being made during these difficult times.

Damn good forum that allows this type of free exchange of opinions, ideas and facts. Best of type, easily.

Since we have governors, not kings and queens, we have freedom. There is enough information out there for people to take necessary precautions. Do we really need to be herded like kindergartners or forced into hiding? That’s not what our government is for. Where was the ban on sex and I.V. drug use to prevent AIDS? Why is smoking still allowed? How far should government go to save us from this virus; arrests and incarceration (even though penitentiaries are emptied to stop the spread), fines, maybe clubbing (you will be shot if you resist clubbing) or seizure of property if you don’t comply? All because of a virus that will now be with us forever, just like all the strains of influenza that exist and will continue to occur. If you’re waiting for the government to protect you, don’t hold your breath, you’ll turn blue.

All because of a virus that will now be with us forever
You don't know that. In fact there is a reasonable chance this can be completely wiped out just like we did with other diseases like smallpox, polio, etc. We eliminated those with a safe effective vaccine.

Of course it could be seasonally endemic too like influenza.

You don't know that. In fact there is a reasonable chance this can be completely wiped out just like we did with other diseases like smallpox, polio, etc. We eliminated those with a safe effective vaccine.

Of course it could be seasonally endemic too like influenza.
What is astounding to me, is - after all this time - how little we actually do appear to know about this virus. Or to be more specific, how little we seem to know that is actually proves over time to be true. Since we've "invested" millions of taxpayer dollars to rejoin WHO, I'm sure the answers are imminent.

But we are already being warned by the "experts" to expect successive waves. Check, for example, Germany (and reportedly, though WHO only knows, in parts of China).

Real (natural or created), or even fabricated - this crisis has been extraordinarily costly. In lives, dollars and even- most importantly - our most basic freedoms.

Sturgis wasn't a superspreader event. Just more BS from the MSM.

'https://reason.com/2020/09/09/no-the-sturgis-motorcycle-rally-didnt-spawn-250000-coronavirus-cases/

And, in the be careful what you wish for departmentor the law of unintended consequences:

https://www.naturalnews.com/2021-03...the-world-halt-all-covid-19-vaccinations.html

...Geert Vanden Bossche, PhD, DVM, is a vaccine research expert. He has a long list of companies and organizations he’s worked with on vaccine discovery and preclinical research, including GSK, Novartis, Solvay Biologicals, and Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. Dr Vanden Bossche also coordinated the Ebola vaccine program at GAVI (Global Alliance for Vaccines and Immunization).

He is board-certified in Virology and Microbiology, the author of over 30 publications, and inventor of a patent application for universal vaccines. He currently works as an independent vaccine research consultant.

In other words, you can hardly find someone who is more qualified and experienced as a vaccine industry insider. Notably, Dr. Dossche is obviously pro-vaccine, and not a so-called “anti-vaxxer.” Yet even from his pro-vaccine vantage point, he sees enormous risks and problems with mass vaccinations campaigns even assuming the vaccines work as designed....

...As a vaccine advocate, Bossche believes that vaccines do work on an individual level and can create immunity against the intended pathogen. However, in the aggregate, mass vaccinations of large populations during a pandemic results in a phenomenon known as “immune escape,” meaning the virus develops variants which are immune to the available vaccines. This natural selection adaptation of the virus results in an even more dangerous spectrum of virus strains escaping the bodies of hosts and being reintroduced into the wild, now more dangerous than the original pathogen the vaccines were designed to halt.

In his presentation, Bossche warns that covid-vaccines, “cannot control replication of more infectious CoV variants and may even
drive immune escape.”...

...As he explains, this means the vaccine is accelerating the adaptive response of the virus that forms new strains which are far more infectious and potentially deadly… and that these “super strains” are emerging from “fully vaccinated subjects.”

It's an interesting read.

Sturgis wasn't a superspreader event. Just more BS from the MSM.
Now hold on a second here. While it may not be an official "super spreader event", its quite obvious that gathering 400,000 people into one location during a pandemic caused by respiration will in fact cause spreading. That is not a lie. It is simple physics. If no one there is talking, sneezing, laughing, or even breathing, then we can say it was not an issue. But having that many people together for 10 days performing daily bodily functions certainly was not a good idea.

The article you attached does not account for the exponential spread post-mortem. The R-not number of covid-19 is between 3-4 so every single case spawned from that needs to be multiplied again, and again, and again unless mitigation measures are being followed (which we all know is not being done in South Dakota).

If you can find an article that shows a huge spike anywhere after Sturgis, I'd love to read it. I have looked and haven't found one that's peer reviewed.

I have said since the beginning that no one really knows much about this virus. There have been clear instances of inflating the mortality rate, so I don't believe we really know just how dangerous it is. While inexpensive hydroxycholroquine and ivermectin are successfully in use against this virus in many parts of the world, politics here in the US prevented their early use.

If interested you can read reports from various professional organizations in various countries that support ivermectin use.

Did we destroy this nation's economy/society because of a virus that could have been significantly mitigated through the use of two inexpensive, proven drugs?

Back