Trail cam pics from corn feeding station

remy3424

With a winter season that gave us more snow than I have seen in over a decade, Sioux City reports a foot over an average winter snow fall, add in a week of below zero temps, and I was glad we had a full 55 gallon barrel of corn set out in a hedgerow, next to our switchgrass. It was several cold walks through deep snow to feed them, but at least I didn't have to carry the corn with me! So glad I did this, looks like there is a decent amount of birds still there (the barrel is almost empty now). The worst should be over with March coming now. I have been trying to get pics for a month. First I was to far away, tried a different cam, still no luck, put the cam much closer, then a battery issue, then memory chip issue, but finally success and almost 400 pics from the 20th until I pulled it this moring (27th). I hope someone else also enjoys these. I will try to put these in chronological order, in several posts....
I__00003.JPGI__00011.JPGI__00015.JPGI__00019.JPGI__00020.JPGI__00024.JPGI__00026.JPGI__00028.JPG

Once we get much snow, the deer move out to timbers, about 3 miles straight east is a large deer magnet...600 acres of bur oak timber....another about 4 miles south....they will be back within a month or so.

Back