The Flush

Wow, what a show. I must admit that dry eyes I did not have at the end. My "once in a lifetime dog " Bandit was very much in my mind. We were a team for sure. He is the reason I still hunt and is solely responsible for the 8 dogs I still have. He was only 6 months old when he won his first field trial. Then preceded to win 5 of his first 6. He was a national champion amateur dog before he was 2. Probably the smartest dog I will ever see. Knew the difference between competition and hunting. The pace of each was far different. For a setter there was nowhere he wouldn't go for a retrieve. Lakes ,running rivers or if you lost a bird bring him back in a few hours or whenever and he would find it. Relentless on retrieving. I will miss him every day of my life. 8 years gone now but never in my heart.

Awesome story, did a similar thing in a special place in SD. I check it every year as we hunt the spot. Her picture and the empty shotgun shells that contained her ashes are still there. Brings a new tear every time. Our dogs are everything.

I'm nothing, without my dog. My dad's dogs weren't very good, but I enjoyed hunting with them, even though they were a mile ahead. It's all about being a team, and that vibe.

We who bond with these dogs, work with them, take them to the vet, on long walks with the family, take them on countless campaigns in the heart of the Great Plains, "train" them (or are they training us?) know exactly what Ron and the gang are feeling. It's worth every second we're with them, every dime we spend. Here's to great dogs and fine times.....

Lost two GSP this fall. Sure does hurt, but remember the good times we would never have had without them. The Oak Ridge Boys did a song that is perfect for such times . It starts off "you are always in my heart and you are often on my mind, I would never think of leaving you behind" Reminds me of the good dogs and horses I have been fortunate to share my life with. I never felt that i owned them but shared with them. So here 's to Trixie, Rosie , Bandit, Queen, Ebb and all the others.

I enjoy The Flush and record each new episode. Although they have episodes where it's obvious they are shooting planted roosters at some lodge operation (I looked up one they were hunting on in SD and just about shot coffee out my nose when I saw their prices), most of the time it appears they are hunting wild birds. There was a ND episode where they were hunting public land spots not far south from my place, that I too hit.

Gun Dog, on the other hand, is pretty much crap and not worth the time. if you are looking for a show that features well trained dogs & really good dog work, don't bother with Gun Dog...

Last edited:
I enjoy The Flush and record each new episode. Although they have episodes where it's obvious they are shooting planted roosters at some lodge operation (I looked up one they were hunting on in SD and just about shot coffee out my nose when I saw their prices), most of the time it appears they are hunting wild birds. There was a ND episode where they were hunting public land spots not far south from my place, that I too hit.

Gun Dog, on the other hand, is pretty much crap and not worth the time. if you are looking for a show that features well trained dogs & really good dog work, don't bother with Gun Dog...
Yeah, when a bird flushes, after being kicked, and Flys like an Albatros, you know its pen raised...

Those were good 5stand. I just don't get why they don't pay attension to the dogs...a gps needed to tell them where the dogs were.... and the cover wasn't that heavy. Is that what you do when you get gsp, just let them run until you see when they stop on the screen? And these fellas are somewhat serious about the hunting. I am embarrassed if I have a moment when I am not aware of exactly where my dog is. Lucky for those boys that they had gps...well, Remmy would have caught he bird and came back with it when they couldn't find him.

I also thought there were a lot of "low fliers" in those videos. Maybe that was the reason the dog caught so many in a single outing. Thought they said they were "wild"...maybe wild means "not tame" as in "eats from your hand". The one drone shot was cool, when the downed bird took off running...right into the dog!

I also thought there were a lot of "low fliers" in those videos. Maybe that was the reason the dog caught so many in a single outing. Thought they said they were "wild"...maybe wild means "not tame" as in "eats from your hand". The one drone shot was cool, when the downed bird took off running...right into the dog!
IMO, hunting those pen raised birds, is not hunting. For one thing, they don't run very much!!

This is one of my favorite episodes. Remnar was a dandy.
If you guys enjoy this show. Check out The Bird Tails.
This is the same hunts on The Bird Tails. Sabin's version

We hunt close to Mallard Island in ND. If those were pen raised they had to pack them over there. It truly is by boat only. There probably isnt a couple dozen people a year go there because of that. Lots of wild birds on a good year.

This is one of my favorite episodes of: The Bird Tales.

We hunt close to Mallard Island in ND. If those were pen raised they had to pack them over there. It truly is by boat only. There probably isnt a couple dozen people a year go there because of that. Lots of wild birds on a good year.
Mallard Island can count on more visitors now. Thank The Flush for that. They couldn't have just said they were hunting an island on a Missouri River reservoir??

Back