Kansas season

tbob131

Got out to central Kansas 3 times this year. Quail were fantastic in the area I hunt this year. On 3 trips I found 39 different covies. Got new permission a couple thousand new acres. Hoping the winter remains mild and the hatch is good. If the stars line up I think 2021 could be a boom year for quail.tempImage7i8ViJ.jpgtempImageIRbply.jpgtempImage01x2t0.jpgtempImagejKbyzR.jpg

Take a saw with you next time and cut those cedars down -- good photos - liking the setters -- the GSP seemed to have photobombed a couple photos.

That gsp belongs to a friend of mine, I am a setter guy but I love that dog. You never lose a cripple with her, she is a great pheasant dog, and at least twice a trip you will be walking along and she will bring you a bird you didn’t even know you hit. She doesn’t range very far but she stays steady and is a contributor in every way.

Love the photos (especially the noses sticking out of the dog box 😁) . Thanks for sharing. Definitely looks like you had some great dog work.

That gsp belongs to a friend of mine, I am a setter guy but I love that dog. You never lose a cripple with her, she is a great pheasant dog, and at least twice a trip you will be walking along and she will bring you a bird you didn’t even know you hit. She doesn’t range very far but she stays steady and is a contributor in every way.
Ha - I should have inserted a smiley -- I'm a setter guy too - my 2 hunting buddies each have a GSP each and I like them both. They're both just ugly dogs...hahaha

Thanks,lol Not a robot dog, but a damn good meat dog. He probably missed his calling by coming to me, should have been an all age dog. Runs crazy big.

Thanks,lol Not a robot dog, but a damn good meat dog. He probably missed his calling by coming to me, should have been an all age dog. Runs crazy big.
That is a major relief- I was wondering where you put the batteries. And a bit fearful, I think as this is a family forum (or could be, for all we know). But in any event - that is a picture postcard perfect dog.

Back