[Solved] Politics Removed From Forum

BritChaser

I've criticized the recent political content of posts here that now appears to be OK whereas for most of the years I've been on here such content was discouraged, a policy I support. So in case I am banned, goodbye to all whose posts and messages I have so enjoyed over these many years. If I am not banned, now you know of my appreciation of you. ;)

I hope not.

So, talk about dogs, shall we?

How'd you become dedicated to Brittanies? Size? Disposition? Range? Like shedding?
Since Mick left, I've occasionally looked around at spaniels, mostly field springers, and am kind of dumbstruck by the barrenness of dogs/pups for sale--of any breeding. I'm happy with Tinker, but Mick dug a hole in my heart and I swear I miss him every day at one time or another. Just recently, I walked into the tv room, and automatically started lifting my foot to step over him. Since he's been gone since May, seems to me I should have accepted the new reality, but some part of my subconscious must be still working on old truth.

Stay healthy

I've criticized the recent political content of posts here that now appears to be OK whereas for most of the years I've been on here such content was discouraged, a policy I support. So in case I am banned, goodbye to all whose posts and messages I have so enjoyed over these many years. If I am not banned, now you know of my appreciation of you. ;)
Mark,

I have enjoyed your company on a couple SD hunts and you are fine company and a generous gentleman. I hope you stick around

Great to hear from you. I really enjoyed those SD hunts and thank you again for including me with your two fine sons. What good men all of you are. Yep, hope to be around.

Last edited:
I hope not.

So, talk about dogs, shall we?

How'd you become dedicated to Brittanies? Size? Disposition? Range? Like shedding?
Since Mick left, I've occasionally looked around at spaniels, mostly field springers, and am kind of dumbstruck by the barrenness of dogs/pups for sale--of any breeding. I'm happy with Tinker, but Mick dug a hole in my heart and I swear I miss him every day at one time or another. Just recently, I walked into the tv room, and automatically started lifting my foot to step over him. Since he's been gone since May, seems to me I should have accepted the new reality, but some part of my subconscious must be still working on old truth.

Stay healthy
I got started on Brits through two influences. A hunting pal, when we met, had a half brit half springer that pointed. So he was basically a brit, and he was a wonderful bird dog. Then my cousin, a big city girl, found a stray brit and kept it just as a pet. I liked it. Smart, loved people. One day I took it for a walk in a big city park and it went on point on a squirrel. I liked that. So when I got my first bird dog I went for a brit and was totally pleased. Still am. I now have a three-year-old rescue brit I got when she was seven months - a fantastic hunter. My brit before her was a rescue I got at nine months and a very good bird dog. And brits make great house dogs and adore their masters, always putting out good vibes.

Last edited:
Gotta agree with you Britchaser, except for the obvious clash in our choice of dogs. But hey my wife and I don't agree with each other always and we've stayed together for 45 years. I don't even talk politics with family.
There's still time for you to come to your senses regarding dogs.;)

I'm of the same opinion you expressed. I was really disappointed at nature and lack of civility of the personal attack. If I want to discuss politics, Chevy vs. Ford, or college football why do it on a pheasant hunting forum?
Whereas I enjoy good natured discussion and debate, that thread was way over the line. An apology and retraction are in order.
For the record, I've been a Republican since 1955 when Eisenhower was running for his second term and when discussing pheasant hunting, that should not be relevant to the discussion.
So if I too am banned, I have enjoyed 99.999% of the messages on this site.

I'm of the same opinion you expressed. I was really disappointed at nature and lack of civility of the personal attack. If I want to discuss politics, Chevy vs. Ford, or college football why do it on a pheasant hunting forum?
Whereas I enjoy good natured discussion and debate, that thread was way over the line. An apology and retraction are in order.
For the record, I've been a Republican since 1955 when Eisenhower was running for his second term and when discussing pheasant hunting, that should not be relevant to the discussion.
So if I too am banned, I have enjoyed 99.999% of the messages on this site.
If you like Ike you might like this: CBS Reports (1964): "D-Day Plus 20 Years - Eisenhower Returns to Normandy" - YouTube

You're OK in my book, even if you do hunt with those little dogs. Would be a shame if you vamoosed...

Good deal. I wish posts in the "The Lounge", where people post political or things that have no relation to the site subject WOULD NOT show up under 'What's New" or New Posts, I hate getting drug into those threads. Start a facebook account or something for that stuff.

No one ever got "drug into" those threads. Anyone that clicked on Off Topic/Lounge/Labeled Political Thread made a personal choice to do so.

It's seems obvious that if one did not desire to see it or participate, one would just not make that personal choice. Probably too simple a concept I guess.

That this issue got "drug into" the Pheasant Hunting Forum ("This is the place for pheasant hunting discussions! Any regional information, post down in the regional forum boards.") was another personal choice.

If one is triggered and losing sleep simply by knowing there is a political thread in an obscure portion of this board that the vast majority have probably never visited... well, I guess that's the USA in microcosm now. IMO, that does not bode well for the future.

<Forrest Gump voice>....and that's all I have to say about that....</Forrest Gump voice>

Last edited:
Reactions: Jet
Considering the potential for catastrophic change in this country its almost impossible to keep it out of daily discussions regardless of the website. I see this on every website I belong. Fishing, hunting, sledding. The topic touches everyone and everything, including all hunters using guns.

whoa take a breath it will be ok
Mark,

I have enjoyed your company on a couple SD hunts and you are fine company and a generous gentleman. I hope you stick around
You're OK in my book, even if you do hunt with those little dogs. Would be a shame if you vamoosed...
Good deal. I wish posts in the "The Lounge", where people post political or things that have no relation to the site subject WOULD NOT show up under 'What's New" or New Posts, I hate getting drug into those threads. Start a facebook account or something for that stuff.
Considering the potential for catastrophic change in this country its almost impossible to keep it out of daily discussions regardless of the website. I see this on every website I belong. Fishing, hunting, sledding. The topic touches everyone and everything, including all hunters using guns.
Kismet was the one who recommended it to me to remove the thread and keep UPH political free, so give him a pat on the back for sending me a message.

It's either the full home remodel I'm living in or the isolation that is making me nuts. I haven't had a kitchen for 2 weeks. Maybe someone can borrow me 2 cookies for some extra HP for my brain.

Back