Gun Boxes - worth keeping?

Moving in a couple weeks and cleaning out attic. Does one getter more money for selling with original gun box for either private sale or guns shop?

Yes, the more paperwork and the original box helps in selling. Shows the care you took of your gun ect. The boxes are sometimes work money by themselves.

Depends on the box. I just bought a new Ithaca and the box doesn’t have any markings on it. I don’t see any point in keeping it except for storing/shipping some other gun. My Rizzini came in a plastic case that’ll go with that gun when I decide to move it along. That’s a box worth keeping.

I keep the boxes, I guess maybe they will help the guns bring a little more at my estate sale. Maybe a time will come that I will thin the herd. If I make it to a point where I can see the final horizon coming and have lost my desire or ability to enjoy them.

Yes, the more paperwork and the original box helps in selling. Shows the care you took of your gun ect. The boxes are sometimes work money by themselves.

+1, well stated!

Best,

Greg

I am sure most on this site own many more guns and more expensive guns than I do, but I have only sold or traded in one gun and that was a poorly made junior size mossberg with interchangeable barrels. I had the box. It was quickly replaced with a Browning 20ga. micro bps.

Was upset with my brother for trading in a 28 ga. Remington 1100. I would have paid more than he got on that trade.

Back