First Rooster Of The Year...

Labs

First rooster of the year and the first to fall to the new Citori Featherweight. I've owned a lot of shotguns over the years and this is easily the finest...Firstrooster2020.jpg

Handsome dogs, first rooster, fancy gun, whole lot of winning in that picture! The wood on that shotgun looks really nice. Great start to the season!

Handsome dogs, first rooster, fancy gun, whole lot of winning in that picture! The wood on that shotgun looks really nice. Great start to the season!
Thanks. I thank God I chose to move to the Free State of North Dakota when I got out of the Army all those decades ago...

The Wrecking Crew flushed a ton of birds. Part way into the morning I told Boogie (the black female looking up in front of me) to step up her game as she was a hundred or so birds behind Harley the upland machine (the yellow male that can't take his eyes off the bird). There were way more hens than I thought there were in the area. I would guess the flush ratio was 10-1, maybe even more. Lots of really young roosters too...

Last edited:
Back