Question on an SD-1875 collar

Diesel 74

I have an sd-1875, the unit will not shock. Tone and vibration work fine. Sportdog was no help. Has anyone ever ran into this? Thanks

Does it light up when the controller button is pushed?

How old is the unit? Had an older 1875 lose range, and eventually stop working while other functions seemed to work. After so long, SD does not support the unit but will usually sweeten the deal on a new one.

I've had 1875s for years. Have you replaced the contacts? I wouldn't think that connection wouId be bad but worth a try. Agree with 3goldens SD Customer Service has always worked with me on any issue.

I recently moved to the Garmin 550 Pro Plus system but I used the SD 1875 Upland for years with no issues. If the light on the collar comes on when the button is pushed on the controller it is synced up. Do you have the little test light that came with it? It maybe that the current has been turned way down. I know that unit has multiple levels of stimulation. I'm probably stating the obvious.

Take contacts out, clean with brass brush and then reinstall them with dielectric grease or petroleum jelly.

I realized my collar (my dog's) wasn't providing any simulation this weekend. When I turned on the collar, within 5 seconds, hold the on/off button down, you can release after 1, 2 or 3 beeps for mild (1), medium (2) or stubborn (3) power level. I hope you got it figured-out by now.

Back