Ducks Unlimited areas

Brimar1991

I have noticed additional areas on South Dakota's Public Hunting on-line map that are marked as "Ducks Unlimited". When I click on these areas the comments are either "Driving on harvested fields allowed for waterfowl decoy placement and disabled hunter permit holders" or "No restrictions". Are these areas open to pheasants hunters as well? Or, just the areas marked as "No restrictions" open to pheasant hunters?

If there are waterfowl hunters on the properties, I would not hunt these properties.

I know there are plenty of other public land to hunt. Just looking for new opportunities to hunt. Any information would be appreciated. Thank you.

I hunt them. I think they are open to pheasant hunters.

Are these DU properties new? I honestly do not recall them before, and looking at the online map I am seeing some in places near other public lands that I have hunted and I do not recall these being there.
SD Hunting Regulations 2020 - I cannot find anything in the 2020 rule book that specifically mentions the DU land.
SD DU Website Article - This article from the DU website makes it sound like it is WIA and open to pheasant hunting. I am wondering if it has the DU tag on each of the pieces of land just to say who purchased it/is paying for it?

jackrabbit, I believe those are locations where DU has done some work, usually nesting boxes for wood ducks or nesting grasses near other wetlands.

Back