Harvest

Looks like the bean harvest is starting in South Dakota this past weekend. rain and cool temps will halt it for a few days here now. But with that said it's a good 2 weeks ahead of schedule.

SOUTH DAKOTA CROP PROGRESS AND CONDITION
SIOUX FALLS, S.D. September 8, 2020 - For the week ending September 6, 2020, there were 6.5 days suitable for fieldwork, according to the USDA's National Agricultural Statistics Service. Topsoil moisture supplies rated 13% very short, 40% short, 47% adequate, and 0% surplus. Subsoil moisture supplies rated 10% very short, 32% short, 58% adequate, and 0% surplus.
Field Crops Report: Corn condition rated 4% very poor, 6% poor, 22% fair, 58% good, and 10% excellent. Corn dented was 73%, well ahead of 30% last year, and ahead of 60% for the five-year average. Mature was 23%, well ahead of 1% last year, and ahead of 10% average.
Soybean condition rated 5% very poor, 7% poor, 22% fair, 59% good, and 7% excellent. Soybeans dropping leaves was 40%, well ahead of 1% last year, and ahead of 25% average

i guess that report states nothing about harvest just how crops are maturing. im driving through SD on saturday and again on the 20th on my way back from idaho elk hunting. will see lots of harvesting im guessing and have a better report for you sll.

talked to my buddy in pierre. Said he is seeing lots of birds. when he was harvesting wheat he even kicked birds out of the fields. he hasnt seen that in a few years. he was harvesting lentels and kicked a group of 40 out of his shelter belt....thinking this will be the year

I heard the local elevator say that there has been some corn taken out and a little more beans, but it is insignificant at this time.

Crop report is saying 1% harvested so far for corn. Had a land owner call me today and they are going to shell some tomorrow because they are about out. Said a neighbor pulled a combine in to a field and it was 18-20 percent moisture so not too bad at all. A couple weeks and should drop it down to the 15-17 range.

Welp, came back from Idaho today. i thought soybean harvest would be further along. i90 corridor had very few beans out. mn had many more fields completed.

stopped at a couple of the pieces we hunt late season and man were there birds around. lots of cackling and broods dashing into the ditch. gonna be a great fall!

Great bird report! Opener is 4 weeks away and in the 10 day weather outlook not a drop of rain in the forecast. Beans will be coming out fast in the next 2 weeks.

SOUTH DAKOTA CROP PROGRESS AND CONDITION
SIOUX FALLS, S.D. September 21, 2020 - For the week ending September 20, 2020, there were 6.7 days suitable for fieldwork, according to the USDA's National Agricultural Statistics Service. Topsoil moisture supplies rated 11% very short, 40% short, 48% adequate, and 1% surplus. Subsoil moisture supplies rated 7% very short, 36% short, 56% adequate, and 1% surplus.
Field Crops Report: Corn condition rated 4% very poor, 6% poor, 19% fair, 62% good, and 9% excellent. Corn dented was 95%, well ahead of 65% last year, and ahead of 85% for the five-year average. Mature was 64%, well ahead of 10% last year and 36% average. Harvested was 5%, near 2% average.
Soybean condition rated 5% very poor, 7% poor, 23% fair, 59% good, and 6% excellent. Soybeans dropping leaves was 80%, well ahead of 24% last year, and ahead of 61% average. Harvested was 5%, near 4% average

I just completed a hunting trip to ND- we saw some beans starting to come out along the way. Mainly in Nebraska... still aways south.

Back