What hunts are you planning for the upcoming season

Some of you fellas have a lot more vacation time than my wife allows me. Where's the thread for that?

I am still in limbo, I can't decide if I want to go chase pheasant for a week in SD or take a shorter driver up to Mi and try for grouse. I've never killed a grouse but I haven't been to SD in years, I really miss it.

And someone said they are coming to SC for quail? Should I let him down easy?

Some of you fellas have a lot more vacation time than my wife allows me. Where's the thread for that?

I am still in limbo, I can't decide if I want to go chase pheasant for a week in SD or take a shorter driver up to Mi and try for grouse. I've never killed a grouse but I haven't been to SD in years, I really miss it.

And someone said they are coming to SC for quail? Should I let him down easy?

Molliesmaster, I believe up here they are expecting a better season bird wise than last year. Hunt safe,

Thanks Richard.
The few reports I'm hearing. Seems like bird numbers are up, in a few States.

Not pheasant but planning a late November wolf hunt in Idaho.

Dennis, I'm hoping to be in Idaho around that same time for some bird hunting. Good luck.

Dennis, I'm hoping to be in Idaho around that same time for some bird hunting. Good luck.
This is not completely pinned down but it looks like I will be southeast of Salmon right after Thanksgiving. As usual everything is weather dependent.

This is not completely pinned down but it looks like I will be southeast of Salmon right after Thanksgiving. As usual everything is weather dependent.

Not sure if I'm leaving right after Thanksgiving or maybe the first week in December. I'll be in the Boise area. But like you said, a lot depends on the weather. I tried to get out there in 2016, got as far as Cheyenne and there was a snow storm coming from the west. I went south to our winter home in Arizona.

I'm hoping to get up to Idaho for grouse, chukar and huns in October. Kansas, Nebraska and Colorado for pheasant and quail November thru January and then AZ to end the season for quail. In the mean time it's Grouse and Ptarmigan close to home in Colorado.

Heading back to SD this fall with my son. Last year was our first time out there and we had a blast. Think we go like 12 birds in 5 days total but NEVER have we seen birds like that in the wild. Don't care how many we get again but can't wait for that "golden hour".

Central Montsna, south Dakota, but not paying anyone, Saskatchewan is awesome!!
You are going to pay the gas station, the state for a license, someone for ammunition maybe a cafe, maybe a hotel. Just not the people that have what you came for.

Back