may thin the herd...mostly s x s's...a few others...

benelli-banger

only 54, but I don't want to leave my wife with a bunch of guns she knows nothing about if I tip over earlier than I anticipate...I don't know the whole putting pictures on the computer thing, and I am not sufficiently motivated to sell to learn...but, if anybody is near Duluth, Mn or somewhere in SD or ND this fall and wants to meet somewhere, I would love to show a few guns...AYA, Ugartechea, Fox...mostly 16's and 20's, a few 28's...I also have a sweet Beretta AL 391 20 gauge with upgraded wood from Cole's...it is sweet...just bought another two days ago, an Uggie 16...I have to face facts...most of these never get shot or even carried...love them all, just thinking about the inevitable...a few O/U's as well...28 and a 16...most of my guns have been used at some point, none are 100% guns...none are slugs, either...once november rolls around, I exclusively hunt with a benelli ultra light 12...my doubles get used exclusively september and october, it seems...prairie birds and forest birds...I have an AYA #2 20 gauge; an AYA #4/53 20 gauge; a Ugartechea 16 gauge boxlock from Aspen Outfitting Company; a 1927 Fox Sterlingworth 16 that has been upgraded fairly extensively; a Ugartechea Sidelock 12 gauge from 1957--nicest gun I own--a "best" Spanish gun, quite a piece; 2 grade 3 Uggie box lock 16's (one is rough, but I love her...the other I just bought, and it is REALLY sweet...comes up like a dream!; a Citori Gran Lightning 16; a Red Label 28 with the gold inlay of woodcock on the receiver...Ruger reblued the barrels, nice gun; an Uggie grade 1 28 gauge boxlock...killed LOTS of prairie birds with her...her size and petiteness belies her lethality!; I have hunted with most of these, a few are too new to have used them afield...most are 15" LOP with recoil pads...most are SK1/SK2 if fixed choke guns...a few exceptions to these configurations...I hunted with the Beretta AL 391 a fair amount about 18-19 years ago...killed lots of pheasants with it...lots...sweet gun...not sure why I upgraded the wood this winter, was bored and it looked pretty on the Cole's website...it is pretty...so my normal "battery" is the Uggie 28 gauge boxlock most of September, the AYA 4/53 20 gauge in October, and the pair of Benelli 12 ga. auto's the rest of the season...would love to hunt with many of the others, I just don't...tough to change!

If I tip over before I thin the herd, there is a gentleman (who may be a member here) who gets the Uggie Sidelock 12 as a gesture for helping my widow thin the herd...that deal is a deal is a deal...

Last edited:
Might be interested in the uggie 16's. Coin or case hardened recievers? And what you want for them and I will be in ND in Oct. 25th to the 1st of Nov.

Might be interested in the uggie 16's. Coin or case hardened recievers? And what you want for them and I will be in ND in Oct. 25th to the 1st of Nov.
both of the grade 3 Uggies are coin, the AOC/SG 16 is case hardened...not sure about price...if a meeting was easily coordinated, I would certainly give you some idea beforehand...

We come through Fargo, Bismarck . Usually on Sunday. This year its on the 25th. In Fargo we ususlly stop at Scheels for license and to look at their ammo and guns. You in any of those parts?

could be pretty easily...SD opener is the 17th, will be hunting through the 24th, traveling home on the 25th...i can head to Fargo and take that route...would want to text you pics and talk $ a bit....probably most interested in selling the Aspen Outfitting Company Uggie 16, though I love it...my oldest grade 3 with coin finish has a unique history (shot a badger with it and had to club the badger over the head while it attacked one of my dogs...yes....gun had to be reassembled by an artisan of a gunsmith, kind of sentimental to me...)...the other grade 3 I just purchased, it "speaks" to me! Of course, just got it...don't get me wrong, the AOC/SG Uggie is by far the nicest of the 3...I shoot it well...on par with an AYA #4/53...Champlin Arms has one in their inventory right now for $3200...used gun...good shape...check it out for sake of discussion...

If your Uggie is like the one on that site , it may be out of my range. Lol. I have a 20 ga Uggie , coin reciever, I think its a 645 model or something like that. Ive seen some 28s and 16s like it that I thought to long on and they sold. Precision Sports imports I think. I also have a Sterlingworth 16. Love it . Light and a death stick on pheasants. My friend got me on sxs's. My Benelli's are what Im used to but am liking the double guns very much.

Yes, that 645 is a nice gun, same model as my two coin finished models, just different importer which dictated model #...they are a great value!!!! My now retired gunsmith used to work on the finest english guns...purdey, holland and holland, etc...$50k and up in many cases...the spaniards copied those designs, he thinks as highly of these uggies as guns for use...

Ive had my hands on a Wesley Richards ,I think that was it , 50 thousand for it. Wow what a gun. I have 7 doubles now. Just like the way the old guns lock up. Sound like a vault closing. Ive followed your posts for a while , here and UJ. You seem to love the hunt as much as I do. I just dont get the chance as much. Appreciate your time and kindness. Maybe we can see if you have something I can afford. Lol.

Fun to meet, no matter! I don’t really care if I sell any guns, I probably should, but making friends who enjoy guns, dogs, and hunting is the best part, for sure!

When we come out we usually have anywhere from 10 to 15 dogs. We dont get low on dog power very often. Its a fun time for sure. Like meeting new connections, never know when you can need a little help.

I agree with McFarmer. They all cry out to me but once I own them I lose interest, sell and move on. Many I wish I would have walked away from. Sounds like you’ve got good taste though.

I do still love them....if someone fell in love with one of them, i'd probably sell one of the guns i dont use, there is at least one that doesnt fit me....

I'm always a looker and sometimes a buyer of any 16/20/28 O/U's. Keep me posted on what you may move.

Back