Back in my bird country

benelli-banger

Arrived around 7pm...drove 10-15 miles of gravel along with some oil roads as well...not more than 20 miles off highway...saw lots of birds, including lots of chucks of various sizes...if I did the math the birds per mile would be crazy good...some bids were 150 yards away in alfalfa it up on bales...but many dozens on the roads...7-8 pm...keep in mind I know the areas to be driving, that skews things...looking good, will leave it at that...😀

East River, fairly central...think the reports will be similar 212 on the north, 90 on the south, 81 on the east, 45 on the west....roughly, and other areas should be good as well closer to the river...and further north and south, too....

Drove back from Custer park today and drove some roads I haven’t been on...saw good bird #’s this early evening...talked to a local, he said it’s lousy with birds....the wedding I was at yesterday in the hills allowed me to talk to many farmers..,they are of the same opinion...if we can walk and keep our dogs close, we will have lots of shooting!!!🥳🤪👍

Just got a text from a landowner out there that said “”seeing lots of big hatches. Birds of all sizes.” This guy is typically pessimistic about bird numbers so to hear that from him tells me something.

We finally might have a good hatch and the state decides to not do the crow counts..... Every thing I see in ND and SD looks good.

Back