Thoughts on this November

gsh lover

With the big surge of Covid 19 cases in the State, what are your thoughts on staying in a Motel for a few nights? We have been staying in Dodge for over 30 years, not so sure this year.

If you have been staying in the same hotel most of those years, you should be able to answer your own question. How well do they clean the rooms when you have been there? Is it a brand name hotel or more of a small local motel? either case I would plan on doing a good cleaning when you get there.

And than there is the travel trailer question. Are their a decent number of campgrounds open that will take multiple dogs and have hookups? I know that there are a lot of motels that I've stayed in over the years that I would not stay in this year.

Most motel operators are terrified of guests getting sick and are taking measures to make sure that does not happen. I recommend you contact your motel manager for a discussion. You'll find out if they will actually be open for business too.

We stayed in a big place in dodge a couple of years ago. Had like 10 rooms .Reasonable Was an old boys camp or something. I could go back through messenger and figure out what it was. Rather stay in a place like that.

. . . or rent an RV or fifth wheel. Seems like all the little towns have a free RV hookup park.

Gov. Kelly delayed the start of school on Wednesday, I doubt she stops there. Real possibility of bringing back the 14 day quarantine this fall.

Gov. Kelly delayed the start of school on Wednesday, I doubt she stops there. Real possibility of bringing back the 14 day quarantine this fall.
Really! When oes your school year start? In Minnesota we don't start till after Labor Day so our governor is waiting till the end of July to make a determination. I am on my local school board so I am interested in those details and the reasons. We are on hold here in Minnesota till then. Makes it hard to make plans for school when you don't know what to plan for.

Couple of things. My RV/motorhome friends tell me that the companies don't allow dogs in the vehicles. This is for 20 year employees. Another one is that this virus is not going away miraculously anytime soon. You could get somewhere and be stuck. For me time being stuck is not so much a problem, but if you have a job maybe more so. I could probably handle being stuck in a motel room for a few days watching mash reruns, but the bottom line is that bird hunting is a vacation and vacations are supposed to be about relaxing and not stressing out. What it will be like in 3 months is an unknown, but also in 4 months so there will be stress during that time. But than again Canada has extended the border crossing ban, so I couldn't probably drive out if I wanted. So shoot a couple for me.

The house we rented this year has an additional $150 fee for a professional cleaning company to come in before and after we leave. I would guess that eliminates any potential law suits against the home owner.

Back