Loading Shells

dukxdog

I loaded up some 2 1/2" shells for my old 12ga. Did some non-tox shells using RST hulls and some lead #5's in Federal papers. I like making my shells and getting birds with them.

Anyone else do their own?

Load those Federal papers with 1 1/4 oz of 5 shot and Unique powder to 1220 fps. Also load1 1/8 oz of 5 shot in those pretty purple 16 gauge hulls.

I have never jumped into the loading game. It looks like a fun hobby and a great way to scratch the itch when you can't hunt. But I live about 10 miles from the Federal factory. I can usually find a friend who can get me what I want from the factory store for cheaper prices than I can reload.

I shoot some 100+ year old shotguns so I load shells for them. I enjoy shooting birds with shells I've made. Been doing it since I was 12.

Living near Federal would be handy for clays loads.

I started reloading shot shells several years ago, I have been reloading rifle and handgun shells forever (at leat 40 years). Just like others, a nice sence of satisfaction, rolling your own. Nothing fancy, I use Win AA hulls, red for 6s and gray for 5s. Longshot powder and one and a quarter ounce shot.

Back