Favorite shotgun?

I'll be willing to bet that your Charles Daly is one very fine shotgun ! Perhaps it was made in Germany ? just guessing.

Boy, what a question! You sure make it hard. To be honest, what ever gun I happen to be hunting with that day. But, if I had to say just one, it would be my 12b James Purdey & Sons. She's a self-opener, SLE, 29" bbls, DT, English grip and splinter forend, choked IC/Lt Full and weighs in at 6lbs 6oz. I guess you could say she's my baby!

Fun post.........but hard!

Best,

Greg
Wow Greg ! Your "baby" is truly a " to-die-for" classic. what a great shotgun that must be to carry afield. Must balance and point like a wand. I just visited ND in June on a trip to my wife's school reunion in Oriska, ND. Nice country, looked birdy to me.

I'll be willing to bet that your Charles Daly is one very fine shotgun ! Perhaps it was made in Germany ? just guessing.
Yes made in Prussia in 1912. I actually have two Daly 16ga guns which are just three serial numbers apart.
One Featherweight is 5 lbs 6 oz. and the other is 5 lbs 12 oz. so they are sweet to carry.

Dalydiamond5_zps666781ff.jpg

Dalydiamond6_zps48974e93.jpg

P1000772.jpg

My God, that is just beautiful ! Thanks for sharing. I half remember reading about a exceptional gunmaker named Hal Linder ( not sure of spelling) who was about that era. Are your guns made by this guy, by any chance ? Again, thanks for sharing the photos.

Yes they are H.A. Lindner made guns. Grades 275 and 185. He made about 2,500 guns before WWII. The records were destroyed in the war.
I'm very lucky to have them and love hunting with both. Thanks for asking about them.

Really enjoy my Beretta 686 Silver pigeon double Barrel set in 20 and 28 gauge with 26 1/2 inch barrels. My other favorite is a Benelli Legacy Sport in 12 gauge. One of the first ones. I have not seen very many of these in the field. I see the Legacy or the Sport or the Super Sport, but not the Legacy Sport. Beautiful wood with the Crio barrel and fits me really well. When I pull it up everything is just in line everytime.:thumbsup:
IMG_4962_zpsdx5bfi94.jpg

Not to worry Mr. Remington, I still love my 12 gauge 870. However it was made 30+ years ago, and has provided many of meals for me :)

Yes made in Prussia in 1912. I actually have two Daly 16ga guns which are just three serial numbers apart.
One Featherweight is 5 lbs 6 oz. and the other is 5 lbs 12 oz. so they are sweet to carry.

Dalydiamond5_zps666781ff.jpg

Dalydiamond6_zps48974e93.jpg

P1000772.jpg

DD, just pure stunning! To be honest, I'd love to get a nice higher grade Prussian CD in 16ga, the engraving just send me! Lucky dog you!

Best,

Greg

Since my daughter moved to South Dakota and made off with my 20ga 870 (it fits her the best) I needed something to take its place.

Just got an 1100 American Classic that I hope will shoot as good as it feels out of the box.

I've recently become a fan of Ithaca 37's. I have a 28 and just picked up a 16. These are new Ohio Ithacas. I'm a lefty so really liking them so far.

SKB Sporting Clays O/U in 12 and 20. For whatever reason, SKB SC stock dimensions are "just right" for me. It's like have a custom stocked gun right off the rack.

Never had a problem with either gun. Or the SKB 500 Magnum I bought in '79 or the SKB made Weatherby Orion I bought in '84, both of which are now in the hands of my sons.

Favorite field gun

CZ Mallard in 12 gauge O/U ( use it weekly for trap) and my 1937 L.C. Smith in 16 gauge with the single trigger

ive been shooting my 2001 fabarm red lion ducks unlimited since I bought it way back when. its only a 3 shot gun wich kinda killed it for a lot of buyers back then. its set up for a lefty (me) and i have just become very fond of this weapon i shoot it better than any other gun i own, and i cant remember when it failed. I'm kinda pondering one of the new l4s models.:cheers:

Yea, that'd be nice... From what I understand, they only did a few aluminum receivers from the Ohio plant. Very hard to come by. That little 28 swings well.

Favorite

My favorite is still sitting at a factory somewhere waiting to be shipped. Nobody really knows when the new A5 Sweet 16 is gonna be released. I have one on order. I bought a Fabarm L4S to tide me over this season. Nice gun, easy on the eyes, and pretty cheap.

1938 browning a-5 mag. 30 inch full. Probably my favorite. Got it at 15, and used it extensively . It still works flawlessly, to this day.Also had a 1100 lt. 20 28 inch, that I liked.Had a model 37 featherweight as a kid, that was a good gun. Remington 870 sp. is one of my favorites.

Back