WTB Sportdog 1850 transmitter

I have one and have been thinking about upgrading to a GPS collar. I have not done any research regarding what they are worth. Without the transmitter, the collars are not worth much. If I sell, I almost have to sell them as a set. Thoughts?

That is the problem I am running into. It is not worth it to the owner to part them out and sell me the transmitter and try to sell the collar separately. I have been watching ebay and craigslist all summer and they sell as a set from about $175-225. There is a guy on ebay selling a new condition one now for $200. This is his third time to put it up for sale so maybe he will get a bite.

I have even thought about parting mine out and upgrading. I have 1 worn out, but working, transmitter, 1 broken transmitter, and 3 collars.

You probably already know that SportDog offers a very modest trade-in allowance towards the purchase of new units. I would not have any worries if I was convinced I wanted an 1875 (assuming the service of the 1875 is as good as the 1850 was). However, I am thinking I would like a GPS collar and I am not convinced the SD GPS solution is as good as the Garmin solution. I am in the same situation as you. I have a working transmitter and two working collars with parts of a third collar. As you know, e-collars take a beating. Out of curiosity, are you thinking of an upgrade?

I talked to them about an upgrade and it is $614 to trade mine in on an upgrade with two collars. That was for the SD1875.

I thought about an upgrade, but only because I am down to one transmitter on it's last leg. I don't expect it to last the season. I like all the features of the SD1850. I don't need a GPS on mine.

Agreed. The only feature I believe I need is vibration. The 1875 has that. I only want the features of a GPS collar. My transmitter is worn but I don't think it is on its last leg- at least I hope not.

Back