winter over

Am I being optimistic or are we losing winter's grip???
I bet Winter is at least 2/3's over.:)
There will be a few more blasts out of Canada. The sun like always will win in the end.:thumbsup:
Feb is still "dead of Winter" March is the BIG transition month. Lots of change from Mar 1 to Mar 31'st.

It's Montana, so anything can happen. Could definitely use more moisture. It's been pretty mild here again this winter, but that can change quick. I agree, we're probably 2/3 done with winter, but we can always get that early spring blast at the end of March beginning of April.

Were getting blasted all week in eastern SD. Felt sorry for the birds I saw all hunched up in North central SD ground blizzaerd yesterday.

We do get some awful snowstorms in April, wet and heavy.
With the strong sun it will melt away in a hurry. :thumbsup:

We almost missed us. But today a we get a blast, We have about 9" on the ground, some accululation about 2" per hour this morning. Looks like we by nightfall we will have at least 12". No school today! New storm Monday. Winter for awhile anyway.

Looks like this storm will miss us completely.:)

Whatever we need here it's NOT more snow. :eek:

Glad the moisture is where it's needed.:thumbsup:

Yeah! Been a good Winter for the birds in MT, so far.:10sign:

I look at snow depth maps almost daily for Eastern MT. Malta, Jordon, Broadus, Medicine Lake, Plentywood and Fairview.
Plentywood had by far the most snow but has Melted way down. Places like Jordon and Malta didn't get nearly as much snow. Fairview and Culbertson had some heavy snowfall but with thawing weather now and then helped a lot.

Looks like the birds so far are in great shape!:cheers:

There was a graphic on the news last night showing snowfall amounts so far this winter: Billings 20.5", Great Falls 34", Witchita 22.3" and Amarillo 29.6". Hard to believe that a place in Texas could have more snow than places in Montana. It's definitely been mild around this part of the state again this year, but we can always use more moisture, but not as much as we saw in May/June of 2011. That flooding wreaked havoc on property and wildlife.

Back