Which Camper?

I remodeled an old cargo trailer for a hunting rig. Seems to work pretty well for staying on the move. I'm packing it now for two weeks in ND. I’ve never hunted ND before so I hope to explore a bit. Cargo trailers are pretty well made, so it has been a good option for me to use as a home base. A lot of small towns have free camping in their city parks, with electricity. It will stay comfortable down to about zero if the dog is in the bag with me. The hooks on the side are for my kayak. ND and SD have some great fishing. The bed expands to the width of the trailer. It’s wired like a house, with 2 500wt baseboards and lights, tv, etc. It goes off grid real well with a generator if I’m really out there. View attachment 9429View attachment 9430View attachment 9431

Last edited:
I remodeled an old cargo trailer for a hunting rig. Seems to work pretty well for staying on the move. I'm packing it now for two weeks in ND. I’ve never hunted ND before so I hope to explore a bit. Cargo trailers are pretty well made, so it has been a good option for me to use as a home base. A lot of small towns have free camping in their city parks, with electricity. It will stay comfortable down to about zero if the dog is in the bag with me. The hooks on the side are for my kayak. ND and SD have some great fishing. The bed expands to the width of the trailer. It’s wired like a house, with 2 500wt baseboards and lights, tv, etc. It goes off grid real well with a generator if I’m really out there. View attachment 9429View attachment 9430View attachment 9431

Congrats Britchaser-sounds like you and the pooch got some traveling ahead of you! If its just you and the dog-I would definitely just do a capper as mentioned. Looking forward to seeing some of your adventures on here!
I do love the cargo trailer idea also-I bought a 6x12 this past summer. I installed an RV a/c and heat unit on the roof. I insulated the walls and then carpeted them. No windows as I want it efficient as possible with cold and heat. I also have a ramp so I could run my 4 wheeler in it for other hunting trips. I used it for the first time(officially) this summer while fly fishing the san juan river in new mexico with my daughter(high school senior/great flyfisherman) . we had high 90's during the day and it kept us cold. I pulled it with a 1/2 ton ecodiesel and was able to turn 17-18 mpg. I do keep a generator in the bed for when I'm off the grid.

Back